Masked Edit Control do not update entered data ...

Masked Edit Control do not update entered data ...

Post by Kamran Noosh » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have recently upgraded from VB 5.0 to 6.0 (Enterprise ed.)  and some
of my masked edit boxes do not save entered data. It is as though they
are not even bound to any RDC controls.  Some of other masks and all
of the text boxes update fine.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Kamran

Masked Edit Control do not update entered data ...

Post by Lee Godfre » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I have recently upgraded from VB 5.0 to 6.0 (Enterprise ed.)  and some
>of my masked edit boxes do not save entered data. It is as though they
>are not even bound to any RDC controls.  Some of other masks and all
>of the text boxes update fine.  Any ideas?

>Thanks in advance,

>Kamran

A few things can be at fault here.

1) There may be a space at the end of the mask.
2) Use the command:-

maskedbox1.Text = Format$(Data1.Recordset("yourfield"), maskedbox1.Format)

It Worked for me!!!!

Cheers

hope it helps

Masked Edit Control do not update entered data ...

Post by Anthon » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a strange problem as well and even though they seem different, I bet
they are related somehow!!

I have discovered an undesirable behavior  with the Masked Edit control when
bound to a field in a table.

If the first record has no data in the field that the control is bound to,
No Problem, it's blank.

If you move to a record that has information in the field that the control
is bound to, No Problem, the field information shows up in the Masked Edit
control.

If you move to another record that has information in the field that the
control is bound to, No Problem, the New field information shows up in the
Masked Edit control.

But if you move to a record where the underlying field has no information,
Problem... the  Masked Edit control shows the  information from the previous
record.

This is not acceptable.  If a user is looking up phone numbers and moves to
a record where the phone number hasn't been entered yet, the previous record
phone number will be displayed.  This will undermine the reasons we use
computers in the first place!

So, is it a Bug, or one of MS special features that they want to force us to
love?

More importantly, how can I fix it so that I can actually use the Masked
Edit control?

Thanks for any fixes you can recommend!!!

Anthony

Quote:>I have recently upgraded from VB 5.0 to 6.0 (Enterprise ed.)  and some
>of my masked edit boxes do not save entered data. It is as though they
>are not even bound to any RDC controls.  Some of other masks and all
>of the text boxes update fine.  Any ideas?

>Thanks in advance,

>Kamran

1. problems with Mask edit controls bound to data controls

To control user's input, I would like use Mask edit.
On my form I have a button, to add a new record, but when VB execute
        Data.recordset.addnew
I have a validation error and after a run-time error, with the empty
field (His mask is ?######), and I can't resume this error.

Somebody has an idea where i'm mistaking (i think it's possible to
add a new records with this control.

        Thank Your for your help

        Arnaud - France - Paris

2. JAM 7 - for development tool?

3. Masked Edit Control and Remote data control problem

4. SHell programming on NT

5. Help with Masked Edit control updating Access DB

6. Pofiler

7. Can't Update With Masked Edit Control

8. Jim Gray's Benchmark Handbook Online!

9. ADO Update With Masked Edit Control Array

10. Data Entry Masks Without Masked Edit Box

11. Masked Edit Control Problem

12. Date fields an Mask Edit control

13. Mask Edit Control ??? Help