Paradox LOGICAL fields

Post by Sia Teck Cho » Mon, 02 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Is there a Data-aware components which is sensitive to Paradox LOGICAL fields.
Presently I have to use DBEdit to key in TRUE/FALSE. The prefered methods should be a
combo-box which contains TRUE/FALSE (or even YES/NO)  in it's drop down list.

Thanks for any help.

Paradox LOGICAL fields

Post by Russell Weet » Tue, 31 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there a Data-aware components which is sensitive to Paradox LOGICAL fields.
>Presently I have to use DBEdit to key in TRUE/FALSE. The prefered methods should be a
>combo-box which contains TRUE/FALSE (or even YES/NO)  in it's drop down list.

Why not use a data aware checkbox? TDBCheckBox.

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*
Russell Weetch
Have you registered your site at UK Index?
http://www.ukindex.co.uk/
--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

Paradox LOGICAL fields

Post by Arro » Thu, 02 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Weetch) writes:

>>Is there a Data-aware components which is sensitive to Paradox
LOGICAL fields.
>>Presently I have to use DBEdit to key in TRUE/FALSE. The prefered
methods should be a
>>combo-box which contains TRUE/FALSE (or even YES/NO)  in it's drop
down list.

>Why not use a data aware checkbox? TDBCheckBox.

>--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*
>Russell Weetch
>Have you registered your site at UK Index?
>http://www.ukindex.co.uk/
>--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

Or a radio Group Box
Ben
Arrow

Paradox LOGICAL fields

Post by Jason Mow » Sat, 04 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>>Is there a Data-aware components which is sensitive to Paradox LOGICAL fields.
>>Presently I have to use DBEdit to key in TRUE/FALSE. The prefered methods should be a
>>combo-box which contains TRUE/FALSE (or even YES/NO)  in it's drop down list.

Use a data aware check box, and set the values to True and False.  This
way, the component knows what box to check when it reads your DB field!

Hope that helps!

1. Accessing logical fields in paradox tables via ODBC

I am trying to access a paradox database, containing logical fields,
via ODBC. However attempting to bind a parameter to a logical field
requires a long integer data type as there appears to be no logical
SQLDataType. The LongInt type is dictated by the underlying data type
in the Paradox table structure being four bytes. Surely this is wrong
as this is database specific and will fail if I then move the tables
to a database in which the underlying type is not four bytes.

Also there appears to be a problem in retrieving values using queries
based on a logical field;

e.g.
        'SELECT FldVal, FldBool from ATable Where FldBool = true'
works, but
        'SELECT FldVal, FldBool from ATable Where FldBool = :QryBool'
fails to find any true records if the query condition is defined as;
        FldBool := LongInt(True);
even though using the first case shows LongInt(true) and ColLongInt[2]
to both evaluate to 1. Queries on false values in the fields work in
both cases. To get this to work for true values it appears to be
necessary to set FldBool := -1, but again this is tied to the
underlying representation of a true value in the Paradox database
structure.

This is all implemented using Paradox 5 tables under Paradox 7 and the
microsoft paradox drivers (3.51.171300 / MDAC 2.0) with test code in
Delphi 3 using ODBC Express v 4.53.

What am I doing wrong here? How do I remove the explicit connection to
the underlying types and values in a database?

Jarvis N. Brand

2. VFP5: Search a piece of code within a bunch of forms/reports.

3. Filter a Paradox table on a Logical field

4. virtual shared-memory segments/AIX-4.3.3/IDS-9.21UC4

5. grouping on a logical field in Paradox 7

6. OWAS 3.0.2 on RedHat6.0 Linux

7. Accessing logical fields in paradox tables via ODBC

8. problem with scheduling dts package with email

9. Logical queries on Paradox 5.0 memo fields

10. Unable to set logical field default value to False in Paradox 7

11. Copying logical fields to a memo field in one database

12. Bug in Paradox 7.0-Creating New Logical Formats

13. paradox bug creating custom logical format