How do i set up a multi Tier Database using Access 97 or VB 5.0

How do i set up a multi Tier Database using Access 97 or VB 5.0

Post by Diederik de Groo » Mon, 27 Oct 1997 03:00:00

I would like to set up a multi Tier database using Access or VB. But where
do i begin. Do i use Dcom (and how) or DAO or RDO. What is best. I will have
to connect to an Mdb normally. In other cases a SQL might be present.
Normally an MDB though. Could anybody help with a begin.

It will have to be able to run on a single machine and in a networking
environment (mulituser).

I would like to separate in:

FrontEnd

Client-Access Module

Network

BackEnd-Access Module

ODBC Database

Or something like this
Thanks

Diederik
(please mail me)

1. ADDNEW/UPDATE/DELETE VB 5.0 in a MULTI-USER ENVIRONMENT with ACCESS 97 DATABASE FILES

Hi,

My problem is that I can't find a good working mutli-user solution in VB
5.0.

Example :

 2 users are working with the same input form (for example a customers
table with name and address)
User 1 : Change the name of record 1
User 2 : Change the name of record 1
User 1 : Update
User 2 : Update

When the second user is trying to update te record I want to have a
warning that the
name already is been changed by another user. So the second user must
first see the
new data before he can update.

I opened the recordset as a dynaset with OPTIMISTIC locking and the
option dbSeeChanges.
I worked with boundcontrols and a dataobject

I Tried several solutions but I can't find a good solution

Please mail me an example of a GOOD working multi-user solution
     The conditions are : Optimistic locking
                                    Dynaset
                                    Bounded controls
                                    Database Access 97

Source code for the update ??

2. New Technologies for Medical Journals

3. Help: convert access 2.0 to access 97 using VB 5.0

4. Error ---- A cursor with the name xxx already exists

5. Storing binary objects in Access 97 tables using VB 5.0

6. SGA question

7. How to set the decimal places in MS Access 97 using VB

8. Where can I find JDBC driver for Sybase 11

9. ODBC database errors in VB 5.0 and Access 97

10. Linking VB 5.0 data to a Access 97 database

11. Storing various files types in VB 5.0/Access 97 databases

12. HELP: Problem with secure Access 97 database and VB 5.0

13. Access 97 Database to VB 5.0 Code Converter