Btrieve - VB4.0 32-bit

Post by Jeff La » Tue, 11 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Are there any tools out there for 32-bit VB4.0 that support BTrieve,
seeing that Microsoft are not supporting it?

--
Jeff Law
DataMasta Limited

Btrieve - VB4.0 32-bit

Post by Michael Ber » Wed, 12 Jun 1996 04:00:00

To access Btrieve data using Visual Basic 4.0 32 bit edition, you have several
options.  You can use an ODBC driver.  This allows the same functionality as
the Installable ISAM from Visual Basic 3.0 (and Visual Basic 4.0 16 bit), but
also adds functionality inherent to an ODBC driver.  You can also make calls
to the Btrieve API directly.  Another option is to wait for the AcitveX
Btrieve components from Smithware.

Quote:>Are there any tools out there for 32-bit VB4.0 that support BTrieve,
>seeing that Microsoft are not supporting it?

>--
>Jeff Law
>DataMasta Limited
>Mt Maunganui, New Zealand
>God doesn't have to put His name on a label in the
>corner of a meadow because nobody else makes meadows

Michael Beris
Software Support Engineer

Btrieve Technologies Inc.

Web Site : http://www.btrieve.com

(512)794-1511
The view expressed here are my own.

Btrieve - VB4.0 32-bit

Post by Greg Carre » Thu, 13 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>to the Btrieve API directly.  Another option is to wait for the AcitveX
>Btrieve components from Smithware.

Any ideas on pricing for these controls? and wether or not they are
available yet? (possibly an upgrade from their older btrieve
controls?)

Thanks
Greg......

1. VB4 32-bit & Btrieve

Compliments of the season:

I am currently developing a WinCGI application that needs to
access Btrieve files.

The prototype is currently working in 16-bit mode as I have
been unsuccessful in finding a 32-bit ODBC driver for Btrieve.
I have tried: Btrieve Technologies, Intersolv and Microsoft.

For load performance reasons I really need to get this
application working in 32-bit. What options do I have for
accessing Btrieve files from VB 4 32-bit?

TIA for your help.
Brad

2. SQL Statement with IN Syntax

3. Converting a VB4.0 16 Bit app to VB5 32 bit

4. 6.5 has stopped 1105 tempdb log is full Please help!

5. converting 16-bit VB4/Access2 to 32-bit

6. Why aren't my pages refreshing ?

7. Migrating from 16-bit btrieve dll to 32-bit

8. simple (maybe) SQL question

9. VB4 32-bit DAO to Access 2.0 security

10. VB4 32 bit and Excel '97 - Problem

11. Need Help: VB4 (32-bit) and MS SQL Server 6.0 give TIMEOUT within a transaction