conncecting VB.NET and ACCESS

Post by ronaldfinkbin » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 07:20:51

I am using VB.NET, ACCESS 2000 on an XP box.

I am wanting to read/update access tables using sql. I am attempting to
compile from the command line such as:

     c:\vbc /r:system /r:system.data sample.vb

Problem: most examples of code use imports of
     imports system.data.sqlclient
     imports system.data.OleDb

I have just reinstall MDAD 2.7, but the sqlclient and oledb still will
not compile. The compiler keeps looking for
    system.componentmodel.marshallbyvaluecomponent

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1. INSERT into access database using vb.net/ado.net..problem

Hello,

I am unable to insert into the access database. I have a
windows form application under vb.net and am using
ado.net to try to INSERT new entries into my database.
However, I keep getting errors. I would appreciate if
someone could help me out here.

Code snippet below.

Dim conn As New OleDbConnection()
conn.ConnectionString = connect

Dim insertStr As String = "INSERT INTO finaldb
course,lname,fname,ssn,emailid VALUES infoArray
(4),infoArray(0),infoArray(1),infoArray(2),infoArray(3)"

Dim cmd As OleDbCommand = New OleDbCommand()
cmd.Connection = conn
cmd.CommandText = insertStr

conn.Open()
cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
conn.Close()

I would appreciate any help.

cheers
John

2. Suggestions Plz

3. Newbie needs code pages for SQL Server 2000 access from asp.net page using vb.net

4. Need help with a simple task

5. Using VB.Net, ADO.Net and Access

6. Name resolution (on local domain)

7. US-GA-.NET DEVELOPER WITH ORACLE FORMS VB.NET+ASP.NET

8. remove time from getdate()

9. linking one access database to another access database through vb.net code

10. Adding a row to Access database using VB.Net

11. MS Access in VB.NET

12. using vb to access a database on the net

13. Question About the VB.Net with Database Access