Error 429 (ActiveX component cannot create object) with RDO

Error 429 (ActiveX component cannot create object) with RDO

Post by Bertrand Augerea » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
I'm working with VB5, RDO2.0, PostgreSQL or Oracle and their ODBC drivers,
and I always get the message above.

I've already tried to register msrdo20.dll by hand and also tried MS's vbc
fix on their support page but nothing happens.

I'm desperate so if you had a similar problem, help me!
Thanks.

Error 429 (ActiveX component cannot create object) with RDO

Post by Moor » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Lived in this h e l l for a week:

The problem exists because:

Either you have multiple entries for the component in the registry, or;

You have no entry of the component in the registry at all.

> Hello,
> I'm working with VB5, RDO2.0, PostgreSQL or Oracle and their ODBC drivers,
> and I always get the message above.

> I've already tried to register msrdo20.dll by hand and also tried MS's vbc
> fix on their support page but nothing happens.

> I'm desperate so if you had a similar problem, help me!
> Thanks.

1. runtime error 429 "ActiveX component cannot create object

I created a small simple program that takes information from a one page
form and writes it to a simple access database.  When trying to save the
data from a remote workstation I get the following error:

runtime error 429 "ActiveX component cannot create object"  I thought it
might have to do with a network mapping problem but the workstation is
mapped correctly so I'm unsure what may be causing the problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated....thanks

Douglas

2. SQL Special Characters - Again

3. Error:429 ActiveX component cannot create object

4. Database in other computer

5. Help: Error 429 ActiveX component cannot create object

6. Very Peeved with SQL

7. error 429: activex component cannot create object

8. Simple Question!!! Display Table Names?

9. err. 429, ActiveX component cannot create object

10. New PC: Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object

11. Error 429 ActiveX Component can't Create Object

12. Error: 429: ActiveX component can't create object

13. DTS/ASP -- ActiveX component can't create object Error 429