Crystal Report 4.5

Post by Hzan » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 01:24:46

Im trying to print out a specific record in an ADO recordset using
Crystal Reports 4.5 (bundled with VB6). The database I am using is
Access 2000. I use VB6 SP5 for the front-end. Problem is, the help for
this particular version of Crystal Reports is not that definitive. I
am trying to utilize the object.selectionformula to accomplish my goal
but there is always an error (unable to connect: incorrect log on
parameters). Without setting a value for the selectionformula, the
report prints fine, but prints the whole recordset. This isnt good. I
dont want to have to create another table to store temporary values
that I want to print.

The syntax that I used is this:

crptEmployeeInfo.SelectionFormula = "{EMPLOYEE.emp_id}=ToNumber(""" &
txtemp_id.Text & """)"

crptEmployeeInfo.Action = 1

Need some help here. This is the only version of Crystal Reports that
I am able to get my hands on (for the moment). Your help will be
greatly appreciated. I tried to search groups.google.com for previous
posts that were made regarding this same problem but I still cannot
get the selectionformula to print a specific record.

Hp Lorenzana
Philippines

1. Bound Reports Crystal Reports 4.5 Pro

I have what I hope to be a simple question.  I am using CRW 4.5 Pro
with VB 4.0.  One of the main reasons we purchased CRW was to be able
to easily print the record selection from a data control.  We can't.

The documentation that comes with CRW is confusing.  Both the manuals
and the on-line support several versions.

I have written a search tool for a single Access 2.0 table.  What I'd
like to do is simply print the results of the query, connected to a
data control, to a preformatted report (which _they_ claim you can).

Does anyone have any experience (read: luck) with this?
Thanks in Advance!
/*

   Computing Analyst
   Oak Ridge National Laboratory
   http://www.ornl.gov
*/

2. Has anyone had any problems with the 6.5 upgrade wizards?

3. Crystal Reports 4.5

4. Anonymous security permissions for ODBC DSN under IIS4

5. Crystal Reports 4.5 ... Help Access Security

6. Paradox Table Question

7. Crystal Reports 4.5 question

8. New to ADO

9. Help with Crystal Reports 4.5 VCL

10. DAO3.5,VC5.0 and Crystal Reports 4.5 - a problem

11. Is there anything better than Crystal Report 4.5?

12. Crystal Report 4.5 Stored Procedure

13. Crystal Reports 4.5 Feedback to Visual Basic 4.