WinHound 1.0 <ASP>-File finder and text tracker utility!

WinHound 1.0 <ASP>-File finder and text tracker utility!

Post by Q&D Software Developmen » Sat, 08 Jul 1995 04:00:00

WinHound v1.0 <ASP> - Windows file finder and
text search utility. The utility they forgot
to put into Windows! File Finder module takes
any filespec and returns all matches found on
any specified drive. Text Tracker module
searches directories and subs (if desired),
and returns matches, including surrounding
text, within any specified filespec. Once
you've used WinHound you won't remember how
you ever did without it! Requires VBRUN300.DLL.

WinHound can be downloaded from our Web page at
http://www.intac.com/~dversch/
or from Shareware Central at
http://www.intac.com/~dversch/swc.html

Thanks,
Dave Verschleiser
Q&D Software Development

Post by David M. Mill » Sat, 08 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>WinHound v1.0 <ASP> - Windows file finder and
>text search utility. The utility they forgot
>to put into Windows! File Finder module takes
>any filespec and returns all matches found on
>any specified drive. Text Tracker module
>searches directories and subs (if desired),
>and returns matches, including surrounding
>text, within any specified filespec. Once
>you've used WinHound you won't remember how
>you ever did without it! Requires VBRUN300.DLL.
>WinHound can be downloaded from our Web page at
>http://www.intac.com/~dversch/
>or from Shareware Central at
>http://www.intac.com/~dversch/swc.html
>Thanks,
>Dave Verschleiser
>Q&D Software Development

Have you tried the File|Search facility in File Manager?

If you change the starting point to the root of a drive (i.e., C:\*.ext, or
C:\file.*, or whatever) and check the "Search all subdirectories" box, it
does the same thing WITHOUT VBRUNx00; I dunno about search speed, but it
does the job.

Also, the resulting window can be used as a drag and drop source, just like
a normal drive window (if View|All File Details is checked, it also shows
the size, date, time, and attributes).

Of course it won't search for text inside files, but there's always gnu
grep...

------------------------------------------+----------------------------

Business Visions, Inc.                    | Compuserve:       72676,327
325 W. 93rd St., Suite 62, NYC 10025-7242 | Voice/FAX:     212 662-0715

1. WinHound 1.0 - File finder and text tracker utility

David,

        Let's take a look at this for a second.  First, you're telling me that
the File|Search facility in File Manager serves the same function as ONE of
the modules in WinHound, although you "dunno about search speed".  So, you're
telling me and all the other folks out there that a program you haven't even
tried yet can't possibly be as good as something which is admittedly slower than
slow.  And you call your company "Business Visions"?  Somewhat inappropriately
named to put it mildly.
        Secondly, yes of course there's always grep.  But why not use a program
which integrates the two functions?  Yes there are word processors, spread sheets,
and presentation programs as well... but I hear Microsoft Office is doing rather well.
        I don't mind criticism, but try the program first for God's sake!

Thanks,
Dave Verschleiser
Q&D Software Development

2. Oracle 9i on UnixWare

3. <<<RDBMS/UNIX/SYBASE ENGINEERS WANTED>>>>Oakland, CA

4. Inserting today's date in form

5. NY-New York,New Jersey-38447--ORACLE-DBA Skills-Customer Support-Oracle DBAs

6. >>>>>---- BETA TESTERS WANTED -------<<<<<<<

7. >>>>>> Attention CTO Candidates <<<<<<

8. <><><> www.FotoCD.net <><><>

9. <<<<<<ON SALE FOR OCP ORACLE DBA test(1ZO-013) material >>>>>>