VB3 PRO owners..windows/system crash...looking for LOST FILES (VB and DATA WIDGETS)

VB3 PRO owners..windows/system crash...looking for LOST FILES (VB and DATA WIDGETS)

Post by litehau » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi Folks:

I program in VB3 thru VB6 writing everything from small utilities to
enterprise data clients.

I'm now working on a "medium" size database maintenance utility. I am using
VB3 Pro to make the 16 bit version (to be sold internationally where Windows
95/98 is not yet being used much) because I have a lot of cool third party
"stuff" to enhance the program.

Recently I made the stupid mistake of doing a "ScanDisk" command in QD3
(QDos 3.0) while still in windows. I know not to do this but momentarily
forgot. I was in a hurry.

This led to a "memory violation" error that you can usually escape from by
repeatedly hitting the escape key. However, every once in a while, this can
lead to a directory scramble because QD3 is interrupted while reading the
FAT. Its not nice to fool with mother nature.

I lost the windows/system subdirectory....and all of the VBx's, dll's, and
licenses that came with it. Fortunatedly, I made backup's of most vbx's and
dll's in other directories when I'm doing a project. A tape backup of the
drive (as well as all original install disks) are in my previous boss's home
safe and he's out of the country..for a month!

Does any body have the LICENSE file for use of the pro version vbx's
(Threed, OLE, etc)? I have the vbx'x but lost the license.

I also lost my license file for DATA WIDGETS along with a
dll....MSAJT112.DLL. Can anybody halp me with these?

THANKS MUCH....

Rich

1. Q: Lost DB due to system crash but saved DB files how to recreate DB.

Hi All,

I have a question and it goes somthing like this:

The System crashed and the person some how managed to save the data file form the
SQL 7.0 data file. They are the .MDF and the LDF files of the database.

Is it possible to recreate the database with these two files.

Thanks in advance.................

hai..............

2. HTTP File Upload in PL/SQL

3. Help, lost 2 files in VB3!!!

4. Question about using load in ESQL

5. URGENT - system crash - lost master.dat

6. What's a pick?

7. File Pro 3.0v3 crashes when opening file...please help

8. Remove security

9. URGENT - system crash- lost master.dat FOLLOW-UP

10. Lost AP/Pro system disks

11. TrueGrid, VB3 Pro, and DBF files

12. Using DBASE III Plus files in VB3 Pro