HELP : Changing (switching) keys of a keyboard

HELP : Changing (switching) keys of a keyboard

Post by Theminh Die » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi friends,

 Has anybody succeeded in changing keys of a keyboard? I need to replace
"Page up" or any other key by "_" (underscore = Shift+minus sign) ... or
is there a tool or a component on the net where I can download from?

Thanks in advance

--
T h e m i n h  D i e p
Programmer-analyst / Programmeur-analyste

National Research Council Canada / Conseil national de recherches Canada

Biothechnology Research Institute / Institut de recherche en
biotechnologie

Post by Lars M. Hanse » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Hi friends,

>  Has anybody succeeded in changing keys of a keyboard? I need to replace
> "Page up" or any other key by "_" (underscore = Shift+minus sign) ... or
> is there a tool or a component on the net where I can download from?

> Thanks in advance

> --
> T h e m i n h  D i e p
> Programmer-analyst / Programmeur-analyste

> National Research Council Canada / Conseil national de recherches Canada

> Biothechnology Research Institute / Institut de recherche en
> biotechnologie

Allowing your form to preview the keys will let you catch any unwanted
key-presses and dispose of them...

Private Sub Form_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
  If (KeyAscii = vbKeyEscape) Then DoCmd.Close
End Sub

This will close the form when the user hits the Esc key. If you want to trap
other/many keys, maybe a Select Case statement would be appropriate.

Private Sub Form_KeyPress(KeyAscii as Integer)
  Select Case KeyAscii
    Case vbKeyPageUp, vbKeyPageDown, vbKeyHome, vbKeyEnd
        KeyAscii = Asc("_")
  End Select
End Sub

This works great in Access, but I don't know how to do that in Delphi or VB
(I would assume that would be the same), as I'm coming from the Access side
of things, and don't really touch any of the other stuff if I can help it

HTH
LMH rogue(at)channel1 dot com
WWW http://www.channel1.com/users/rogue
ICQ 10300112
Please limit questions to news-group...
Reply address may be foiled to fool spam-bots. Remove the obvious.
"and the geek shall inherit the earth."

HELP : Changing (switching) keys of a keyboard

Post by Theminh Die » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi Lars,

    Thanks for your input. I think I didn't elaborate enough my question. I need
something that can change or switch keys of a keyboard and then it can be used
with other applications. A stand alone application that writes to the registry
and enables other apps like Word, Netscape mail or SAP to take effect until I
disable it manually.

Thanks again

> > Hi friends,

> >  Has anybody succeeded in changing keys of a keyboard? I need to replace
> > "Page up" or any other key by "_" (underscore = Shift+minus sign) ... or
> > is there a tool or a component on the net where I can download from?

> > Thanks in advance

> > --
> > T h e m i n h  D i e p
> > Programmer-analyst / Programmeur-analyste

> > National Research Council Canada / Conseil national de recherches Canada

> > Biothechnology Research Institute / Institut de recherche en
> > biotechnologie

> Allowing your form to preview the keys will let you catch any unwanted
> key-presses and dispose of them...

> Private Sub Form_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
>   If (KeyAscii = vbKeyEscape) Then DoCmd.Close
> End Sub

> This will close the form when the user hits the Esc key. If you want to trap
> other/many keys, maybe a Select Case statement would be appropriate.

> Private Sub Form_KeyPress(KeyAscii as Integer)
>   Select Case KeyAscii
>     Case vbKeyPageUp, vbKeyPageDown, vbKeyHome, vbKeyEnd
>         KeyAscii = Asc("_")
>   End Select
> End Sub

> This works great in Access, but I don't know how to do that in Delphi or VB
> (I would assume that would be the same), as I'm coming from the Access side
> of things, and don't really touch any of the other stuff if I can help it

> HTH
> LMH rogue(at)channel1 dot com
> WWW http://www.channel1.com/users/rogue
> ICQ 10300112
> Please limit questions to news-group...
> Reply address may be foiled to fool spam-bots. Remove the obvious.
> "and the geek shall inherit the earth."

--
T h e m i n h  D i e p

Programmer-Analyst / Programmeur-analyste
National Research Council Canada / Conseil national de recherches Canada
Biotechnology Research Institute / Institut de recherche en biotechnologie

1. need help with ON KEY LABEL KEYBOARD ...

I am running Foxpro 2.6 for Windows and am having problems with ON KEY
LABEL.  All I want to do is to create keyboad short cuts for 6 Spanish
characters. For example instead of the user entering ALT-138 to get
the accented 'e' the user would click ALT+e.  So to do this I used the
following syntax: ON KEY LABEL alt+E KEYBOARD ''.

This works great in the command window.  However when in my data entry
template, the character does not appear where the cursor is.
Supposing the user is entering "resume" where the second "e" needs to
be accented.  So the person enters "resum" and then hits the ALT+E
combination -  what they end up with is "eresum" where the
character I want has been placed in front of the previously entered
stuff.

am i doing something wrong and if not, is there another way?  help!!!

mary

2. Print Label in FPW 2.6

3. Data Switch for Monitor mouse and keyboard..

4. One-way (merge) replication?

5. Code to switch keyboard layouts from English to Russian

6. ORA-02429: cannot drop index

7. procedure - switch keys HELP, I need somebody!

8. Testing _variant_t for NULL

9. Programming Keyboard Keys, How do I

10. How to read arrow keys from the keyboard?

11. ON KEY LABEL & KEYBOARD

12. Termcap and keyboard 105 keys

13. Remap keyboard keys, etc