Accessing Objects on a Mdi Parent form from a Mdi Child form

Accessing Objects on a Mdi Parent form from a Mdi Child form

Post by Sheila L. Baile » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

How do you access objects on a Mdi parent form from a Mdi child form? I want
to use the status line to display messages and errors from my Mdi child
forms.

                                              Sheila

Accessing Objects on a Mdi Parent form from a Mdi Child form

Post by Tony » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

<MDIForm>.<Control Name>.<Property> = <whatever>

--
Later,
Tony Fountain

Quote:>How do you access objects on a Mdi parent form from a Mdi child form? I
want
>to use the status line to display messages and errors from my Mdi child
>forms.

>                                              Sheila

Accessing Objects on a Mdi Parent form from a Mdi Child form

Post by Tony » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Read my answer to your duplicate post in another forum.

--
Later,
Tony Fountain
Digital Horizons, Inc.

Quote:>How do you access objects on a Mdi parent form from a Mdi child form? I
want
>to use the status line to display messages and errors from my Mdi child
>forms.

>                                              Sheila

1. How can MDI child forms have child forms ?

Hello All,

I have three MDI applications that I would like to Integrate into
one MDI application and I need these three MDI apps to keep
there individual MDI interfaces.

Q. How can have different MDI applications running under a common
    MDI Application ?

    The MDI parent child functionality needs to stay in place for each
     application I integrate.

    I need to do this because it will help me to program large
    systems in indavidule projects, this is a much more organized
    way to break down large programs and keep them self contained.

Q. Can a child MDI form have Children forms ?

Thanks to everyone in this group for all
the help I've received, I'll try to help as many
people that I can to solve there problems.

Mark W. Vaughn

2. PdxWin Upgrade

3. Q:non-MDI form to update MDI form

4. SQL 7.0 CPU Usage

5. MDI Child to an MDI Parent

6. HELP -- sp_detach_db fails with replication databases

7. ????Capturing MDI Child events in Parent Form

8. MDI problem, com MDI to MDI-child

9. MDI child from MDI child

10. MDI Child form on top?

11. Centering MDI Child Form