Convert an Microsoft Access Form to a VB Form

Convert an Microsoft Access Form to a VB Form

Post by Shashi Kaparth » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi:

I am converting a Microsoft Access Application to VB.

Is there a simple way of convert a Microsoft Access Form to a VB Form?

Any help/pointers appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shashi.

Post by Tony Toe » Mon, 14 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>Is there a simple way of convert a Microsoft Access Form to a VB Form?

No, see my website below for a list of tools to do a conversion.

Tony
----
Message posted to newsgroup and, if appropriate, emailed.
Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
   http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
VolStar http://www.volstar.com Manage hundreds or
   thousands of volunteers for special events.

Convert an Microsoft Access Form to a VB Form

Post by Lash » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

There is a book database developers guide with VB6
by Roger Jennings
Its got some info on this
BTW :
For Basic VB 6 databases this book is very good .

Lash

>>Is there a simple way of convert a Microsoft Access Form to a VB Form?

>No, see my website below for a list of tools to do a conversion.

>Tony
>----
>Message posted to newsgroup and, if appropriate, emailed.
>Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
>Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
>   http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
>VolStar http://www.volstar.com Manage hundreds or
>   thousands of volunteers for special events.

1. Converting MS Access forms to VB forms

Questions about Visual Basic forms versus MS Access forms

We have developed an application in MS Access 2.0 with about
50 forms and 70+ tables.  Some of our users are complaining
now about performance.  They are using this product during meetings
and they want to be able to jump around from form to form very
quickly in a 5,000+ record database.

One solution we looked at was to load up a bunch of forms at
once, and then navigate around the database, leaving the forms
open.   The problem with this is Windows only allows 8-9 forms
to be opened at once, and then you get memory/resource utilization
problems and the damn thing croaks.

So we are wondering about replacing our MS Access forms with
a Visual Basic front end that would use our MS Access database
but (hopefully) present the data on the screen a lot faster.

Here's my questions:
1) Compared to MS Access forms, are Visual Basic forms faster to
load and/or faster to populate with data?  How much faster on a
large database?
2) Does Visual Basic use as much system resources as MS Access (and,
therefore, will I still be restricted to only opening 8-9 forms
at one time?)
3) What kind of effort can I expect for re-writing MS Access
forms in Visual Basic?  e.g. how many hours/days/weeks per form
to convert from Access to Visual Basic?
4) Are there any other hints or gotchas I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance for your help

Rich Haerr
HRSoft, Inc.

2. Connecting Powerbuilder 5.0 to Sybase

3. Converting Access forms to VB forms

4. HELP: sybase SNMP MIB

5. Convert from Access forms to VB forms.

6. Free X Windows published in the UK

7. Converting Access Forms to VB Forms

8. Multiple IP addresses and SYBASE

9. Converting Access forms to Visual Basic forms

10. converting access forms to vb5 forms

11. Converting Access Screens to VB Forms

12. Looking for a conversion utilitiy that converts Access forms to VB

13. Converting Access 2.0 form to VB