VB6 -DBgrid question - Bar instead of a Cell

VB6 -DBgrid question - Bar instead of a Cell

Post by Jelle Neleman » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 11:22:32

Hello,

On a form i placed a DBgrid.
When the forms gets activated, the DBgrid is in focus (Tabindex(1)), but
only the first cell of the grid.........

I would like to have the whole row to be activated, and when a user
scrolls down, i would like to have that the "bar" (whole activated row)
stays activated, and scrolls down,  and not just that one cell.

Can anyone help me out with this one.............??

Thankx in advance

Jelle Nelemans
The Netherlands

VB6 -DBgrid question - Bar instead of a Cell

Post by Johan Bechthu » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 17:24:50

Jell, right-click on the DBGrid, select properties.
Select from the Propety Pages the tab Splits.
Look at the MargueeStyle property-combo. I think you want '3-Highlight Row'
or '4-Highlight Row, Raise Cell' instead of the default '6-Floating Editor'.
Don't forget to click on OK. :-)

Johan.

| Hello,
|
| On a form i placed a DBgrid.
| When the forms gets activated, the DBgrid is in focus (Tabindex(1)), but
| only the first cell of the grid.........
|
| I would like to have the whole row to be activated, and when a user
| scrolls down, i would like to have that the "bar" (whole activated row)
| stays activated, and scrolls down,  and not just that one cell.
|
| Can anyone help me out with this one.............??
|
| Thankx in advance
|
| Jelle Nelemans
| The Netherlands

VB6 -DBgrid question - Bar instead of a Cell

Post by Jelle Neleman » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 19:21:06

Quote:> Jell, right-click on the DBGrid, select properties.
> Select from the Propety Pages the tab Splits.
> Look at the MargueeStyle property-combo. I think you want '3-Highlight
Row'
> or '4-Highlight Row, Raise Cell' instead of the default '6-Floating

Editor'.

Johan,

Many thankx, searched myself three times around........
Spend a whole night in trying to figure this out.
And with your reply it's resolved in a sec..........
Thankx again.....

Quote:> Don't forget to click on OK. :-)

Had this one coming..................(didn't look in the proper place)

Jelle

1. VB6-DBgrid question- A bar instead of one cell

Hello,

On a form i placed a DBgrid.
When the forms gets activated, the DBgrid is in focus (Tabindex(1)), but
only the first cell of the grid.........

I would like to have the whole row to be activated, and when a user
scrolls down, i would like to have that the "bar" (whole activated row)
stays activated, and scrolls down,  and not just that one cell.

Can anyone help me out with this one.............??

Thankx in advance

Jelle Nelemans
The Netherlands

2. Wanted - References on Schema Evolution

3. Help: DBGrid - how to make DBGrid.row = current row when I click the a cell

4. Disk or Network Error, _not_ the one in KB

5. Question About DBGrid cell values

6. Foreign Keys to Multiple Tables

7. DBGrid question in VB6

8. m-s jet 3.51 DataEnvironment Connection refresh

9. DBGrid set focus to second cell?

10. value of a specific cell in a dbgrid

11. changing an individual cell's background colour w/DBGrid

12. DBGrid Cell Coloring

13. Pasting To a DBGrid Cell