ReportSmith and Form Reports (D1)

Post by Ian Abel » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Can you help ?

In Delphi 1 and ReportSmith 2.5

I need to print a form report with 3 * 1 line dbmemo fields and 1 * any
length dbmemo field printed last on the form.

The problem is when the, potentially, large dbmemo field is printed any
text that should roll-over onto the next page doesnt!

I have tried the can grow and can shrink options on the fiels, but
nothing works.

Thanks in advance.

ReportSmith and Form Reports (D1)

Post by Mark Bratche » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

It's not clear to me that ReportSmith allows a single field to split across
pages. You might want to try ReportSmith WWW support. I forgot the link
offhand, but go to the www.borland.com and follow the ReportSmith links
through to support and it will give you the name of the WWW site that
handles ReportSmith.
--
Mark Bratcher

Quote:> Can you help ?

> In Delphi 1 and ReportSmith 2.5

> I need to print a form report with 3 * 1 line dbmemo fields and 1 * any
> length dbmemo field printed last on the form.

> The problem is when the, potentially, large dbmemo field is printed any
> text that should roll-over onto the next page doesnt!

> I have tried the can grow and can shrink options on the fiels, but
> nothing works.

> Thanks in advance.

1. D1 and ReportSmith Question.

I have been working on my first project in Delphi. It is for our PR department
to create labels for our Senior Network Members mailings. We collect data on
our members (Allergies, ailments they have/have had, do they wear glasses,
have pacemaker, etc) which PR wants to use to create labels for target
members. EX. if there is a class about coping with Cancer, create labels for
our members that have cancer to mail them an invite to the class.

I have all the entry screens done and working fine. I have checkboxes set up
for the ailments, Medical History, allergies, etc. all connected to the
master table with the members info (name, address, etc.). BTW, I am using
Paradox tables (as I am coming from PDOXDOS, so I was hoping to use some of
the tables I have already built to share some data for projects).

Whew, Now to my question. I would like a suggestion on how best to attack the
printing selection of the labels. I have tried ReportSmiths' Report Variable
to create a list of possible selections for the user to select which criteria
to print the labels for, then use Selection criteria based on the Report
Variable to choose the correct data for the report from the data available.
This doesn't seem to work correctly because I have not found a way to make the
criteria work like a CASE statement (EX. If they select 'Anemia' from the
list, only print records that have field 'Exist_cond_anemia' as True). I keep
getting ALL the criteria, or an error message saying 'Unsupported Functions'
or some such message (not sure of exact wording at the moment) when I try
running the report (even if I try ANY as the selection criteria).

I have fallen back on QBE (I use InfoPowers' TwwQBE component to use QBE on
the table). This works like it did in PDOXDOS just fine. I can then just use a
table to hold the temporary print data and BatchMove the data from the Answer
table of the Query to the temporary print file and print everything from that
file (no selection criteria needed). Only problem is I have to create a
seperate QBE for every possible selection the user might make, among other
maintenance steps to keep things clean in the files.

Can anyone give me a direction to take to make life easier for me, Or at least
let me know there is no other way to do it easier and I should just go about
it the way I have been with QBE. Or let me know something I am missing with
ReportSmith that could accomplish this task.

TIA
-Ray-

______________________________________

http://www.nauticom.net/www/rsummerl

FOR SALE: One Perpetual Motion Starter.
          Only used once!
______________________________________

2. ADO & SQL Server

3. D1, Sybase SQL Anywhere: ReportSmith

4. Deploying EJB error

5. What cause Current Activity disappeared?

6. ReportSmith : Setting report vars for detail report from Delphi

7. reseeding identity column

8. Setting report variables in the detail of a ReportSmith master-detail report

9. The same table in two forms in D1

10. D1 Newbie: Little Question on DB Form

11. D1: using TTables across forms ?

12. D1-Tfield not in grid but on form-Possible