Deployment pb. VB6.0 app. using DAO3.6

Post by Alban Helo » Wed, 23 May 2001 17:39:39

I must deploy my VB6.0 application on a wide range of PC, running on W95,
W98, W2000 or NT4.0.
To work with a MSAccess2000 D\B, it uses Dao360.dll.
My question is as follow:
From your experience, do u think it is wise to deploy my application with
all the Dao360.dll dependencies (see below), knowing that except W95, MS
plateforms have these dependant files installed from scratch. For Win95
plateform, I would install Dcom95 and MDAC2.6 if MSJet dlls are missing.

I fear that adding so many files may introduce more problem that it would
actually solve.

##Known dependencies (source: this user group)
[DAO360.dll]
Dest=$(MSDAOPath)
Uses1=MSJet40.dll
Uses2=MSJtEr40.dll
Uses3=MSJInt40.dll
Uses4=MSJtEs40.dll
Uses5=VB5DB.dll

[MSJet40.dll]
Register=$(DLLSelfRegister)
Dest=$(WinSysPathSysFile)
Uses1=MSJtEr40.dll
Uses2=MSJInt40.dll
Uses3=VBAJet32.dll
Uses4=MSWStr10.dll
Uses5=MSWDat10.dll
Uses6=MSRD2x40.dll
Uses7=MSRD3x40.dll
Uses8=MsRepl40.dll
Uses9=Expsrv.dll

Thanks and regards

Alban

Deployment pb. VB6.0 app. using DAO3.6

Post by Pete » Fri, 25 May 2001 16:39:36

Alban,

Please check these 2 KB articles.

Q213846 INFO: Deploy Database Applications with the PDW,
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q213/8/46.asp
Q233002 HOWTO:  Redistribute DAO 3.6,
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q233/0/02.asp

Peter

1. VB6 - NoMatch Property of DAO3.6 recordset object MISSING after DAO3.51->DAO3.6

Please Help!

My 'NoMatch' Property of DAO3.6 recordset object is MISSING after changing
the Reference from DAO3.51 Object Library to DAO3.6 Object Library in a VB6
App.

I  also updated to MDAC 2.1 SP2.

Basically my app won't compile after switching the reference.  If I switch
back (and use an Access97 mdb), it works.

Any suggestions..

Paul Smith
Gothic Software, Inc.

2. Calculation depending on dimension hierarchy?

3. Error 3464 - wrong datatype (using DAO3.6 / SQLSvr2000 / ODBC / VB6)

4. Inserting Images into SQL Server

5. Deployment of a VB6 program using ADO

6. Losing triggers?

7. Which MDAC version for deployment of app using .mdb

8. Replace the FOX-toolbar with MYTOOLBAR ??? Please Help !

9. Deployment of Apps using Access 97 databases

10. Deployment using VB6

11. Problem in deployment of VB6 prog using ADO

12. pb ODBCDirect, DAO3.5 AND vb5 on Access97

13. vb6 dao3.5 locking errors