Recordset and Oracle "Number" Data Type

Post by Roberto Montemo » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi, folks.

Does anyone already used ADO & Recordset with oracle?
The number fields dont return a values I can put in a OleVariant variable,
I get a "invalid variant type conversion".
Is there any configuration (a field size in the database, maybe) that can
workaround this?
I know I can use a cast, but I dont want to change all my aplication. (I
developed using SQL Server and this works fine)

Thanks,

Magoo.

1. Do Table-type recordsets "auto-refresh"?

Hi,

I have DAO 3.6 record opened in MS Jet workspace (Access 2000) with
"dbOpenTable" parameter.  Do I need to do any "refreshing" to keep it in
sync with underlining database? Or is it listening to table changes and
updates itself on its own?

TIA, Eugene

2. fatal error in process

3. recordsets (type "table"): error 3008

4. FK Replication failures

5. Are Table-type recordsets "self-refreshing"?

6. XML string into ADO recordset

7. recordsets (type "table"): error 3008

8. Invalid bookmark error after recordset delete then movenext

9. HELP: "Type Mismatch" when opening recordset

11. sql server 7 data type "BIT"

12. DATA statement in "N" type records

13. Problem with "image" data type