pasting from VB app to other apps???/possible???

pasting from VB app to other apps???/possible???

Post by Andy Sai » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hello VB guys and gals...got a stumper for you. Is it possible to paste data
from a VB application to another application (e.g.. Excel, Publisher)

For example, say I have a VB form with 1 text box and 1 command button.
In the text box I have the text "Andrew Sain"

Then, with the VB form "on top" and Excel running underneath, I place the
blinking cursor in a cell of the spreadsheet.

I then click on the Command button and the text in the text box (Andrew
Sain)
is pasted into the cell of the spreadsheet.

I have seen a similar program called TypeItIn that was written in VB that
pasted info stored in a database into web forms..but I want something that
will work with other applications.

Any help is appreciated..especially code:-)

Thanks for your time and genius,
Andrew Sain
**************************************

Web Hosting & Design <http://www.net-matrix.com/>
GraphX Kingdom <http://www.net-matrix.com/graphx/>
**************************************

pasting from VB app to other apps???/possible???

Post by Jay Chopd » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Andy,

Yes, it is possible to do what you describe. You can use DDE (now almost
defunct !) or OLE. If you look at help in Excel for VB, you will find some
useful examples there. Also, I am sure somebody here will also post some
code ... if not, I will post some code over the weekend.

-Jay

Post by Chris Judg » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Hello VB guys and gals...got a stumper for you. Is it possible to paste data
> from a VB application to another application (e.g.. Excel, Publisher)
> For example, say I have a VB form with 1 text box and 1 command button.
> In the text box I have the text "Andrew Sain"
> Then, with the VB form "on top" and Excel running underneath, I place the
> blinking cursor in a cell of the spreadsheet.
> I then click on the Command button and the text in the text box (Andrew
> Sain)
> is pasted into the cell of the spreadsheet.

See SendKeys in help file.

1. How to invoke MDX apps written in VB from client apps

I have written some MDX apps in VB and I want users across the system
to use this app what is the best approach of making this accessible as
a serverside app I do not want to deploy it as a client side app. Can
you please suggest what is the best way of deploying it since AS2000
does not have a concept like in Oracle Express - SPL procedures.

The client apps I am looking at using these server side VB/MDX apps is
MS Excel from VBA and possibly from a web browser.

Thanks
Simon

2. US-GA-TIBCO MIDDLEWARE INTEGRATOR / ORACLE

3. VB app vs. same app in a browser

4. Outsource your Oracle Financials support !!!!!!!!!

5. Integrating Non-OLE Apps with VB app

6. DBF with memo fields to MS Word

7. Is it possible to integrate an Access2000 db into a VB app

8. Accessing/querying db over internet

9. Converting Access 2.0 App to VB Possible???

10. Cut and Paste not working in Apps

11. Pasting from VFP app to web browser

12. Pasting info in apps

13. Using Applescript to automate cut and paste operation between filemaker/another app