VB Acrobat Writer / Reader and signature

VB Acrobat Writer / Reader and signature

Post by LFMo » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I want to print from a Crystal Report / Visual Basic to a Acrobat Writer to
create a PDF. Okay, when this works, I want to set a Acrobat signature in
that file. Then I know that the PDF is created by my VB program.

Is there anybody who wants to give a hint ?
Or am I dreaming that this will ever work ?

Thanks in advance for reading / anwering
Leon

VB Acrobat Writer / Reader and signature

Post by Nigel Arnol » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Adobe give away a print drivers, that doesn't print to printers, but when
you print to it, creates a PDF file instead.

You could try that

> I want to print from a Crystal Report / Visual Basic to a Acrobat Writer
> create a PDF. Okay, when this works, I want to set a Acrobat signature in
> that file. Then I know that the PDF is created by my VB program.

> Is there anybody who wants to give a hint ?
> Or am I dreaming that this will ever work ?

> Thanks in advance for reading / anwering
> Leon

VB Acrobat Writer / Reader and signature

Post by Da » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Where would I find this free giveaway???

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:29:59 GMT, "Nigel Arnold"

>Adobe give away a print drivers, that doesn't print to printers, but when
>you print to it, creates a PDF file instead.

>You could try that

>> I want to print from a Crystal Report / Visual Basic to a Acrobat Writer
>> create a PDF. Okay, when this works, I want to set a Acrobat signature in
>> that file. Then I know that the PDF is created by my VB program.

>> Is there anybody who wants to give a hint ?
>> Or am I dreaming that this will ever work ?

>> Thanks in advance for reading / anwering
>> Leon

VB Acrobat Writer / Reader and signature

Post by LFMo » Mon, 31 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Thanks, but this is not my problem. Printing this way works fine. But the
problem is that I want to place a signature in the PDF file for that the PDF
will be saved to disk.

Thanks anyway.
Leon

Post by Philipp Prie » Mon, 31 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Thanks, but this is not my problem. Printing this way works fine. But the
> problem is that I want to place a signature in the PDF file for that the
PDF
> will be saved to disk.

Do you want to place a signature in a pdf file
which is normally not there? Then you could get problems when
acrobat reader wants to read it.
In any other cases, you must find the section where
ar saves a special  thing, and then override it.

Philipp Pries
  - vb developer

1. VFP5 report to PDF and launch Acrobat Reader

You have to purchase Adobe Acrobat, which gives you a bunch of other
software that will do exactly what you want. This is not the Reader product!
Reader only allows you to read Acrobat files. You can get more information
at the Adobe Web Site (I think it's www.adobe.com). I use it for just about
anything that I want to keep a copy of but not have all the paper laying
around.

--
Regards,

Steven Herbin
SNH Computing Corporation

2. what all physical space allocated to my DB's

3. Making a button in Acrobat Reader 3.0 with Delphi

4. modify msde or sql table progamatically?

5. Installing Acrobat Reader

6. Problems indexing textdata in BLOBS

7. DDE and Acrobat Reader

8. DBPROCESS dead from BCP

9. dde support for acrobat reader

10. SE 7.20 and Acrobat Reader 4.0 problem.

11. Printing a report to Acrobat Reader

12. Progress v8.2 and Acrobat PDF-writer