update doesn't work on win98

Post by Geraldin » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 00:50:23

YES, i wan to say "it add new record instead of updating old one" but only
on this IBM mobile computer..... not on another

> Hi,

> Do you want to say that it add new record instead of updating old one?
After
> you opened recordset try to check if you have any records in it. Also
check
> if recordset is not in EOF state

> --
> Val Mazur
> Microsoft MVP

> > Yes,

> > I have installed jet4sp3 and mdac 2.7 on this computer... old IBM mobile
> > computer

> > the code is

> >         Dim bddRS as ADODB.RecorSet

> >         Set bddConnection = New ADODB.Connection

> >         bddConnection.ConnectionString =
> > "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\MyBase;Persist Security
> > Info=False"
> >         '*** Ouverture de la base ***
> >         bddConnection.mode = adModeReadWrite
> >         bddConnection.Open

> >         Set bddRS = New ADODB.Recordset
> >         bddRS.CursorLocation = adUseClient
> >         bddRS.CursorType = adOpenDynamic
> >         bddRS.LockType = adLockOptimistic
> >         bddRS.Open "SELECT * FROM MyTABLE WHERE KeyI = " & myKey,
> > bddConnection

> >         bddRS!AdresseComp = e_txtAdresseComp.Text
> >         bddRS!TelD = e_m_TelDom.Text
> >         bddRS!TelM = e_m_TelPortable.Text
> >         bddRS!TelB = e_m_TelBureau.Text
> >         bddRS!Mail = e_txtMail.Text
> >         bddRS!Fax = e_m_Fax.Text
> >         bddRS!Licence = UCase(.e_m_NumLicence.Text)

> >         bddRS.Update ' **** UPDATE

> > and apparently on another computer with win98 (just test on one
computer)
> it
> > work correctly, it update the record open before an not add new
record...
> > but on IBM make new record instead update open record

> > i'm desesperate

> > > Hi,

> > > Could you be more specific? Which code does not work? Could you post
it
> > > here?

> > > --
> > > Val Mazur
> > > Microsoft MVP

> the

1. DTS Package doesn't work on Win98,MSDE,PWS

I have a DTS package created with DTS wizard to import a flat file to a table.
This DTS saved as a file and I called it on an ASP page, it work fine on my box
with windows 2000 and SQL 7.0 SP2. But it dosen' work on my client box, that is
windows 98 and MSDE and Personal Web Server.  I've checked the version with

DTS package is right(delete rows, import flat file, use (local) for destination).
I got a message "Type mismatch" on first step(delete rows). What is wrong, please
help.

My ASP code like:

        Set oPackage = Server.CreateObject("DTS.Package")
        oPackage.LoadFromstorageFile "C:\I\zzzx9.dts","","","",sTable,""
        oPackage.Execute()

I have an old DTS package(created by other guy) it work fine on clinet box. I
open it to check and it is the same as mine. I also tried to use password on my
package, it dosen't work too.

I have been working on this for  two days. I really appreciate anyone who can
help.

Thanks.

2. Migrations / Conversions

3. MMC in win98 doesn't work!!Urgent

4. Restoring a BackUp set

5. ADO Doesn't Work in Win98

6. SQL print cmd from DB-LIB

7. Scheduling DTS doesn't fail but doesn't work

8. reverse engineer an UniVerse database

9. ORACLE DOESN'T COMPLY TO BASIC STANDARD SQL: SIMPLE QUERIES DOESN'T WORK

10. UPDATE statement doesn't work...

11. updating image field doesn't work

12. Update query doesn't work

13. UPDATE doesn't work