SQL statement length limits

Post by JMarra84 » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Are there any limitations to the size of an SQL statement? If you build a
statement using a string var, how long can it be? Any differences between
Access and SQL Server?

SQL statement length limits

Post by KevinEva » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I don't know whether there's a limit on size but there's certainly a limit on
complexity. Just last week I built up a query that had quit a few "BETWEENs"
in it and that failed. Error message:" Query too complex" or something like
that
KLE

SQL statement length limits

Post by Ted Gordo » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I think in Access its about 2408 (?) characters.  In SQL Server I believe
it's 256 characters.  I've had to create several substrings and then say

Ted Gordon

>Are there any limitations to the size of an SQL statement? If you build a
>statement using a string var, how long can it be? Any differences between
>Access and SQL Server?

1. ODBC SQL Statement length limit of 64k???

I have written a VB5 application that inserts data into a SQL Server table.
I am using an ODBCDirect workspace, and the EXECUTE method to run the sql
insert statement. The table has four fields, one of which is TEXT, allowing
very large text data to be inserted. When one of my users tried to insert a
row that resulted in a sql statement that exceeded 64k, he got an ODBC call
failed msg. When we shortened the data slightly, it worked. What are the
rules here?

Steve

2. Data resources connection in CRYSTAL REPORT

3. SQL statement length limit?

4. Only one tape for data and logs ? (OnBar)

5. Limit to the Length of the SQL statement

6. this code decrypts encrypted Stored Procedures, Views and Triggers SQL Server 2K

7. limits of SQL statement length

8. point-in-time restore

9. String length limits hit in SQL statement

10. Limit to length of string displayed in SELECT statement

11. SQL statment length limit

12. limit on the length of an SQL stmt?

13. Some problem due to the length limit of SQL sentence