ADO Data Control Problem

Post by Joel » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

When I use VB to generate a movecomplete event for an ADODC it creates the
following two statements:

  Private Sub Adodc1_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As ADODB.EventReasonEnum,
ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal
pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset)

  End Sub

When I try to run my project, I get the message:

  "Compile error: Procedure declaration does not match description of event
or procedure having the same name"

If I reference the same event for an ADODB.Recordset, the exact same
arguements are generated, but no error occurs.

Anybody know anything about this?

Versions: VB6 SP2, MDAC2.1, MSDE, NT4 SP4, Apex TDBGrid 6.0 interim 219

ADO Data Control Problem

Post by Geoffray Schmit » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Try to replace ADODB.Recordset by ADODB.Recordset20. It should work (I don't
know why, but someone gave me this answer last week and it is OK!)

Geoffray

ADO Data Control Problem

Post by Joel » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Thanks, that worked.  I'd like to know what's up with that though!

>Hi,

>Try to replace ADODB.Recordset by ADODB.Recordset20. It should work (I

don't

1. ADO Data Control problem

I'm using VB6 in Win2K. The data control is version 6 (SP3)
(MSADODC.OCX).

If I try to use the MoveComplete event (ADODC1_MoveComplete(...)),
when I run the program I get "Compile Error - Procedure declaration
does not match description of event or procedure having the same
name."

This makes no sense to me. I've checked the help screens but can't
figure out how to get past this.

Help?

2. DTS import from access - Table getting sorted

3. ADO Data Control Problem

4. Backup of SQL db - newbie

5. What is BCP or DTS?

6. ADO data control problem?

7. HELP - 2nd request

8. ADO Data Control Problem

9. ADO data control problem?

10. ADO Data Control problem

11. ADO Data Control - Problem!!!

12. Problems with ADO Data Control in User Controls