delete a column from a table.

Post by ma.. » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi there !

I m working on the SQL language now and I wonder if anyone know how to

delete a column from a table.

I know that this isnt java but I dont know how to ask

Thanks !!

Mattias

delete a column from a table.

Post by John Przybylsk » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

You can look it up in an SQL book.  The simple answer is no you can't, you
can only add columns.  The complex answer is copy the table, drop the old
one, create the new table with the added column, and copy the data back.
Not pretty.

John

> Hi there !

> I m working on the SQL language now and I wonder if anyone know how to

> delete a column from a table.

> I know that this isnt java but I dont know how to ask

> Thanks !!

> Mattias

delete a column from a table.

Post by Jim Tiv » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

use ALTER TABLE ... DROP Column.  Most engines support it.

> Hi there !

> I m working on the SQL language now and I wonder if anyone know how to

> delete a column from a table.

> I know that this isnt java but I dont know how to ask

> Thanks !!

> Mattias

Jim Tivy - Bluestream Database Software Corp.
1168 Hamilton Street, Suite 200, Vancouver BC V6B 2S2
Tel: (604) 669-4469 ext 116 Fax: (604) 669-4469