Help!! VB4 - dBase programming

Post by Ronnie Jon » Sat, 12 Jul 1997 04:00:00

How do I open dbase table from VB 4.0?  Could anyone provide a sample
code on how to open the table and change the index?  I want to pull up a
record with the right index.  Thank you.

Help!! VB4 - dBase programming

Post by Rega » Tue, 22 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>How do I open dbase table from VB 4.0?  Could anyone provide a sample
>code on how to open the table and change the index?  I want to pull up a
>record with the right index.  Thank you.

take a look at visdat. its a sample that comes with vb.

hth
Ron Regan
Independent Consultant
Boston, MA

1. HELP VB4.0 and DBASE III

Hello !
I would like to know if it's possible to know the size of the fields from a
DBASE III
becasue when i use the propertie SIZE i only have for a numeric type the
number 8 and not the SIZE of the field.
For exemple :
the definition of my database with Q+E :

CHAMP    TYPE     LARGEUR DECIMAL
FIELD1    N             2                    *
FIELD2    C            33                    *

If i use the property SIZE for the first field the result will be 8 because
it's type is Numeric !!!!! otherwise for the field2 the result will be 33
because its' a Caracter type !
Please told me how i can get the SIZE for a Numeric Type !
Thanks

2. Special Charachters not allowed in field

3. Please help! database programming in VB4

4. Non-Refreshing Screens under Win95 Network

5. Open help file from vb4 program?

6. Replication 7.0

7. Monitoring another program using VB4.0 - HELP

8. Return Primary Key after inserting record.

9. Help with good book for database programming with VB4

10. 'Help-Find'-style interface for vb4 programmed database search

11. help me get MY PROGRAM TO PLAY SOUND VB4.0

12. Book For basic dbase (dbase 5.0 win) programming

13. visual dbase for windows programming help wanted