Remote Data Objects (RDO) Problem

Post by Jeff S » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I have been using RDO to connect to Oracle for the past year now in my VB5
program.  This week, I installed the Visual Studio 6 on my machine for
future projects (likely far in the future projects).  Everything seemed to
be working fine in the program until I compiled it and gave it to the users.

If I just run this ...

    Dim rdoConn as New rdoConnection
    Dim rdoQy as New rdoQuery

    Set rdoQy.ActiveConnection=rdoConn

... it seems the program will crash on the 'set
rdoqy.activeconnection=rdoconn' line..  Could anyone please explain why this
is happening now?  And perhaps even how to fix it?

Thanks.

1. Help Please: RDO - Remote Data Objects

I'm working with Viasual Basic 5, Professional edition.
I know that the Enterprise Edition includes RDO - Remote Data Objects.
Does anyone know if I can get RDO anywhere? Do i have to upgrade to
Enterprise Edition just to get that  (I hope not :) )?

Thanks in Advance

2. Informix on-line and Sun Ultra 5

3. Is Remote Data Object(RDO) & Remote Data Control(RDC) bundled with VB5.0 Prof. Edition

4. Semantic or the like for Paradox

5. Q:RDO problem with DBGrid-object

6. SQLDMO question

7. Learn Remote Data Objects

8. It works in ISQL/w, *But* not in VB's RDO...

9. Remote Data Object

10. CANNOT CONNECT TO REMOTE DATA OBJECT

11. Question on ODBC, Remote Data objects and DAO

12. Remote Data Objects in combination with level 1 compliance level