Crystal Reports - Window formatting?

Post by Michael Lo » Sat, 04 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,
   I have used Crystal Reports 4.5 and 5.0 and whenever I call it using
the UCRPE component, it pops up its own window, where ever it wants it,
and at the size it wants.  I can't seem to control these parameters.

Is there any way to tell Crystal to pop-up in a TPanel or something like
that?

Thanks in advance guys (and gals)!

Sincerely,
Mike Low

Crystal Reports - Window formatting?

Post by Jay Boissea » Mon, 06 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Although I haven't looked at the UCRPE component in awhile, I do believe it
has a left and top property.  You could use those to position the window
where you want it.  I also believe the sample code that comes with the
UCRPE has examples on controlling the window and even using it as a midi
form.

Jay B.

Man's mind stretched to a new idea
never goes back to its orginal dimension.
      ==Oliver Wendell Holmes==

Post by Christer Bergstr? » Tue, 07 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> Hi all,
>    I have used Crystal Reports 4.5 and 5.0 and whenever I call it using
> the UCRPE component, it pops up its own window, where ever it wants it,
> and at the size it wants.  I can't seem to control these parameters.

> Is there any way to tell Crystal to pop-up in a TPanel or something like
> that?

> Thanks in advance guys (and gals)!

> Sincerely,
> Mike Low

I had the same problem as you but found out about the WindowParentHandle property.
You can use it to direct output from CR to your own form. Something like this for
a MDI child form (TCrystalReportForm) with a TCpre component:

procedure <MainForm>.ShowReport;
var
  CF : TCrystalReportForm;
begin
  CF := TCrystalReportForm.Create(Self);
  Screen.Cursor := crHourGlass;

  try
    CF.Crpe.ReportName := <report datapath>
    CF.Crpe.WindowParentHandle := CF.Handle;
    CF.Crpe.Execute;
  finally
    Screen.Cursor := crDefault;
  end;
end;

Worked for me...

Christer

Crystal Reports - Window formatting?

Post by David S. Becke » Wed, 08 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I missed this original message, but the Crystal 5 component has an
undocumented (in the shipping help, I think it is mentioned in the readme
though) property called WindowParent (I think).  When you set this handle,
the Crystal window will draw on the window handle you provided...

--
David S. Becker
ADP Dealer Services (Plaza R&D)

(503)402-3236

> > Hi all,
> >    I have used Crystal Reports 4.5 and 5.0 and whenever I call it using
> > the UCRPE component, it pops up its own window, where ever it wants it,
> > and at the size it wants.  I can't seem to control these parameters.

> > Is there any way to tell Crystal to pop-up in a TPanel or something
like
> > that?

> > Thanks in advance guys (and gals)!

1. TX-DALLAS-116047--Visual Basic-Crystal Reports-ORACLE-SQL-Windows 95-Windows NT-VB Programmer/Analyst

=
Company    : Hall Kinion - Dallas
Website    : http://www.hallkinion.com
Job Title  : VB Programmer/Analyst
Location   : DALLAS, TX
Job Type   : Full-Time Salaried
============================
Hall Kinion (FEE PAID)MBM "Staffing the Silicon Valleys of the World"

Salary: $50-65K

Job Description: This company is offering an awesome relocation package as well
as SPONSORSHIP if you're ready for this dream job!

Skills/Education Requirements: 2 years VB, 1 yr. Crystal, Oracle, SQL
knowledge, NT-95 environment. Experience working in developing applications,
and general knowledge of ledger/accounts payable is also important.

Bonus Skills: VB 5.0, Sheridan Data Widgets, Spread.ocx, Oracle developing,
Financial applications.

Job Perks: You'll be working for an awesome company with lots of room to move
up the corporate ladder!

Travel Required          :None
Educational Requirements :None
=
Required Skills
* Visual Basic
* Crystal Reports
* ORACLE
* SQL
* Windows 95
* Windows NT
=
Is this position the right match for you? Yes, Great! Send me your resume and
I'll get started! No, well, send me your resume anyway. If you have marketable
skills of any kind in the high tech industry, I'd love to try and help you out!
I will schedule your interviews, provide you with great insight into the
companies, and negotiate your needs to your future employer. I have positions
that you won't find on your own!

Hall Kinion is the largest Full-Service Technical Recruiter in the world.
=
Contact Information:
Reference : mbm4
Matt Melcher

Phone: 888-989-4254
   -   -

** Post jobs for 30 days for $100, up to 250 postings $350/month
** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** Career City    *** ClassifiedsWarehouse

2. User Name in Windows

3. Tip: How to put a Crystal Reports preview-window on the Window pulldown

4. Error in restore DB

5. SomeOne Available For You Needs(Astea,MFGPRO,Etc)

6. Custom Report format In window NT or Window XP

7. About ICD-9 for ???

8. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

9. Editing Crystal reports without Crystal Reports

10. Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

11. Crystal Reports/VB, Data format/Mask

12. Formatting text in Crystal Reports