How to make distribution files small in VB 6.0

How to make distribution files small in VB 6.0

Post by Mario Acosta-Alarco » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I converted a small app. from VB 5.0 to VB 6.0 , changed one data
control to Adodc1 and a DBgrid to data grid. All works fine, but when I
generated the .exe
file I get a 12 Mb size!!
How I'm suppose to distribute this software? Is there any way to reduce
the size of the objects created by the Package & Deployment Wizard?

How to make distribution files small in VB 6.0

Post by Jack » Mon, 07 Jun 1999 04:00:00

The only thing that you can really do is remove all unused library and
component references in the Component and References window. However, if you
are using both DAO and ADO then you will have to distribute both libraries.
You might be better off migrating your entire project to ADO and then you
don't need to include the DAO libraries. Nevertheless, this is a rather long
and time-consuming job.

Quote:> I converted a small app. from VB 5.0 to VB 6.0 , changed one data
> control to Adodc1 and a DBgrid to data grid. All works fine, but when I
> generated the .exe
> file I get a 12 Mb size!!
> How I'm suppose to distribute this software? Is there any way to reduce
> the size of the objects created by the Package & Deployment Wizard?

1. Making a small VB program

Guys,

    Does anyone knows, how to remove the controls comes by default with
    the Visual Basic, so the program will be able to run without all the
DLLS ?
    I want to make a very small program.. just a test..
    a caption and thats all... and if I'm putting it on another computer, I
must
    copy the DLLS or make a setup (which all are about 1Mb)

Thanks,
    Doron.

2. Nulls in a cube

3. Can I Access Borland Interbase using ADO?

4. Small Database - VB 6.0

5. This one is strange!

6. VB 6.0 - Visual FoxPro 6.0 Tables and VB

7. Using X-Terminals

8. Smallest possible ADO re-distribution?

9. compiling for distribution of a small program

10. VB 6.0 and drop-down box w/ MS Access database file

11. How can I create a File DSN in VB 6.0

12. VB 6.0 and dBase III files