Limitations in MS-Access 2.0

Post by Thorvald B? » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I am developing a database application in Access 2.0. In this version
there is a limitations in queries that makes it impossible to run a
query where the total length of grouped fields exceeds 255 bytes. This
is quite a limitation, because I have three text fields which has to be
about 255 bytes each. However, I don't need to group by these fields,
but if I try to turn off grouping (by choosing, lets say 'expression') I
get another error. Is there any easy solution to this problem? I don't
want to cut down the size of the fields, and upgrading to access-97 is
not an option either.

-TB-

1. Any Limitations on MS Access and MS SQL Server

Hello,

I am now working on a project that have to make decision
on choosing Microsoft Access 97 / 2000 or Microsoft SQL
Server 7.0 as the database.  For more background
information, there is an application run on personal web
server and will connect to a database with using ODBC.

Therefore, I would like to know more about the pros and
cons of them in order to make a right or better choice.

Could anyone tell me about is there any limitation on
Microsoft 97 / 2000 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0?  Such as
the storage limitation, special characters handling.

Thanks and regards,

John

2. Orphaned Processes in SQL Server 6.0

3. Help: 2.0 : How can I capture Oracle errors in MS Access 2.0

4. ANNOUNCE: FNKSHN 1.2.2/FNKSHN VISUAL COMPONENT SET

5. Limitations of Access 2.0

7. Limitations with Access 2.0

8. Is "Set Concat_Null_Yields_Null Off" dangerous

9. Bug/limitation with VB3.0 / Access 2.0 compatability layer

10. Informix CLI 2.0 : problem with ODBC driver using MS-ACCESS and MS-QUERY

11. MS Access 2.0 With MS-DOS

12. Informix CLI 2.0 : problem with ODBC driver using MS-ACCESS and MS-QUERY