Numerous Inserts with Access giving hastles...

Numerous Inserts with Access giving hastles...

Post by Brian Vo » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 19:33:44

Hi All...

Unfortunately, I have a database with numerous Memo fields, and I cannot
execute Insert SQL statements with these, so I am using the ADODC control.

This is all well and fine for single inserts, but as soon as I have to do
multiple Inserts (i.e. In a loop) Access starts crawling. I need to know how
I can force the ADODC control to wait until the Insert is complete, before
returning control to my application.

In the mean time, I will work on more work arounds...

Thanks
Brian Vos

1. Select/Insert multiple records from numerous tables

Hi,

I have a situation where I need to copy a "policy", allow an operator to work on
the copy, and eventually throw the copy away or update the original policy with
the data from the copy.  This gets a little complicated as the "policy" consists
of multiple records in 6 tables. Some of the tables contain multiple records
(like an line item table connected to an order table). Obviously the new records
would have to be connected via the correct primary key (from the just
copied/inserted records).

I can imagine how to do this manually in an sp but it involves a lot of logic.
Does anyone know of an easier way to accomplish this??  All tables use RI and
connected via constraints.

Thanks!

Jon Finley
Minneapoli

2. SQL 6.5 Question for Gurus

3. Insert into ms Access with ADO gives Error Message

4. row-level locking with dao and access 2000

5. INsert permissions given, but cannot insert Data

6. What should I do to enter Oracle field?

7. Open an Access-File but no Access -- please give some Tips

8. SMALLWORLD/ GIS Programmers, Denver CO!!!

9. Insert into colum gives error HELP plse

10. SQL fail s to give feedback to IIS after INSERT

11. Giving Error While Doing BULK INSERT

12. BULK insert not giving sequential IDENTITY numbers to a field

13. INSERT INTO gives errors