Accesing a secure DB....HELP HELP PLS

Post by Anton Damhui » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi VB's

(I have spent 3 full nights on this problem and are about to throw in the
towel)

If I use the following Program on a ACCESS Database that is not secure it
works.
   But if I make the Database secure it does not want to work at all.
   ( In the ACCESS DB I disabled all access for ADMIN and added User
DBADMIN
        With access to the whole database. What my problem is I can not assign, in
VB  a
 default user to the DbWs/DB var nor a password.) How do I do this??

        Global DbWs     as  Workspace
        Global DB       as  DataBase
        SQL             as String
        RSTemp          as RecordSet
        DollarRate      as Double
        PoundRate       as Double

        Set DbWs = Workspaces(0)
        Set Db = DbWs.OpenDatabase("F:\DBDIR\TDSECDB.MDB", False, False)

        Sql = "Select DollarRate,PoundRate From Exchangerate"

        Set RsTemp = Db.OpenRecordset(Sql)

        If Not RsTemp.EOF Then
            DollarRate = RsTemp("DollarRate")
            PoundRate = RsTemp("PoundRate")
        End If

        RsTemp.Close

Any hints....?

    Thanks In Advance

Post by Roberto Colmeg » Mon, 02 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>    With access to the whole database. What my problem is I can not assign, in
>VB  a
> default user to the DbWs/DB var nor a password.) How do I do this??

If i remember correctly ... you must create a new workspace.
 *****************************
*      Roberto Colmegna       *

  ***************************

Accesing a secure DB....HELP HELP PLS

What version of Access and VB.  If VBv4 are you using 16 or 32 bit?

Post by Anton Damhui » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> What version of Access and VB.  If VBv4 are you using 16 or 32 bit?

>>. What my problem is I can not assign, in VB  a default user to the

DbWs/DB var nor a password.) How   >>do I do this??

Quote:>>Any hints....?

 I am using VB4 32 Bit and Access version 7.0

If I create a new workspace I also get errors...

Accesing a secure DB....HELP HELP PLS

Post by Simon Carte » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Anton I have attahced a BAS file which I use for secure databases some of
the things require the code supplied with SC4VB.  If you need it explaining
then let me know

hope it helps

Simon Carter

--

Author of SC4VB
http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/park/8079/

Quote:> Hi VB's

> (I have spent 3 full nights on this problem and are about to throw in the
> towel)

> If I use the following Program on a ACCESS Database that is not secure it
> works.
>    But if I make the Database secure it does not want to work at all.
>    ( In the ACCESS DB I disabled all access for ADMIN and added User
> DBADMIN
>    With access to the whole database. What my problem is I can not assign,
in
> VB  a
>  default user to the DbWs/DB var nor a password.) How do I do this??

>    Global DbWs     as  Workspace
>    Global DB       as  DataBase
>    SQL             as String
>    RSTemp          as RecordSet
>    DollarRate      as Double
>    PoundRate       as Double

>    Set DbWs = Workspaces(0)
>    Set Db = DbWs.OpenDatabase("F:\DBDIR\TDSECDB.MDB", False, False)

>    Sql = "Select DollarRate,PoundRate From Exchangerate"

>    Set RsTemp = Db.OpenRecordset(Sql)

>    If Not RsTemp.EOF Then
>        DollarRate = RsTemp("DollarRate")
>        PoundRate = RsTemp("PoundRate")
>    End If

>    RsTemp.Close

> Any hints....?

>     Thanks In Advance

begin 600 Scwldao.bas
<uuencoded_portion_removed>

`
end

1. help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,

Hi,
I have a small problem, and if you know the answer I would really be
thankful for your help.
I have an access database which is called "Client.mdb"
on a form, I displayed a dbcombox for the costumer's name
a textbox for the address
a textbox for the city
a textbox for the state
and a textbox for the zipcode

on all my textboxes and the dbcombobox I have set their Datasource and
Datafield properties to Data1,
when I run the program the information on the first record of the data shows
on the form,

but what I need to do is, when I change the costumer's name on the
dbcombobox (which displays all of the costumer's names on it) I want the
textboxes to show the address, city, state, and zipcode of the costumer I
have choosen,

Thank you in advance,
Enrique G Lugo

2. Announcement: StarOffice/OpenOffice IFilter

3. Snapshot agent fails !!! Pls Pls Help

4. VisualCafe DB 3.0 and InstantDB

5. need help to secure production DB from ODBC access

6. Problems with BCP

7. HELP: Secure DB

8. Can I do some low level program in oracle database?

9. Help pls, Give me some hints pls

10. Delphi ODBC connection to server DB..pls help!

11. DB problems VB5 - Pls Help

12. Data replication pls pls help

13. Help: trying to secure Access DB