Page Layout Help

Post by Matthew Hapk » Fri, 11 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I could really use some insight here, guys...

I need to create a page layout tool similair in client window qualities to
Pagemaker, or powerpoint, etc.. Where you can mix boxes of text, images,
OLE objects, etc in the client area, select them, move them about, and so
on. I have the Stretch Handle components floating about the Supoer Page,
but that works on Form Visual Components. I need to be able to (of course)
add and remove components on the page during runtime.

Is this at all clear, and if so, can anyone point me in the right
direction?

My first Idea was to add visual components at runtime, but I can't see any
way to do that.
Thanks in advance for any help...

Matthew Hapke
Network Manager
PHM Schools

http://winter.mcas.k12.in.us

Page Layout Help

Post by Hannes Visagi » Sun, 13 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi

To create components runtime:

procedure TTestForm.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
var NewLabel: TLabel;
begin
  NewLabel := TLabel.Create(Self);
  NewLabel.Parent := Self;
  NewLabel.Caption := 'New Label';
  Showmessage('New Label created on form, about to free');
  NewLabel.Free;
end;

Hope it helps

Hannes

> I could really use some insight here, guys...

> I need to create a page layout tool similair in client window qualities
> Pagemaker, or powerpoint, etc.. Where you can mix boxes of text, images,
> OLE objects, etc in the client area, select them, move them about, and so
> on. I have the Stretch Handle components floating about the Supoer Page,
> but that works on Form Visual Components. I need to be able to (of
course)
> add and remove components on the page during runtime.

> Is this at all clear, and if so, can anyone point me in the right
> direction?

> My first Idea was to add visual components at runtime, but I can't see
any
> way to do that.
> Thanks in advance for any help...

> Matthew Hapke
> Network Manager
> PHM Schools

> http://winter.mcas.k12.in.us

1. FPW 2.6- page layout- HELP!

I hope somebody can help me. I've noticed this a couple times before and
I've run into it just tonight.  When I create a report and have the
page layout as landscape, somehow it turns itself to portrait.  I check
the page setup, and it's still set up as landscape.  I can't seem to
get my original setting back and this is causing my report to miss
several fields that I couldn't fit onto landscape.

Help!!!!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Leslie

2. Suitable for Business App?

3. need help saving page layout info for reports

4. Newbie help

5. Help: Retaining Report Page Layout When Calling Report From Form

6. Slow start of Filemaker 5

7. PrtDevMode :: Change page layout to Landscape

8. Interesting: Dbspace names cropping up as databases

9. page layout

10. Auto-script on loading layout on web page?

11. FPW26: Other report layout on second page

12. FPW 2.6 - reports: page layout

13. VB DataReport page layout/orientation