JDBC/ODBC MSAccess driver not capable

Post by S├ębastien BRIZ » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way to retrieve the primary keys of an MSAccess
Database, using JDBC/ODBC. The only one I found is to
getDatabaseMetaData and
getPrimaryKeys on it. But it doesn't work at all with MSAccess driver.
Does anyone know how to do that another way.
Thanks in advance for answering.

Seb

JDBC/ODBC MSAccess driver not capable

Post by jridenoudejan.. » Thu, 03 Jun 1999 04:00:00

    I just tried with mine and it didn't work there either.  The error
report says "Driver doesn't support..".  I found a method named
getIndexInfo though that returns an item named non-unique.  In theory I
guess if an index is "non-unique" then there can be duplicates.
Therefore if it is not "non-unique", then it is unique. Right?  That
might be a round-about way of getting at it.

Quote:> Hello everyone,

> I'm looking for a way to retrieve the primary keys of an MSAccess
> Database, using JDBC/ODBC. The only one I found is to
> getDatabaseMetaData and
> getPrimaryKeys on it. But it doesn't work at all with MSAccess driver.
> Does anyone know how to do that another way.
> Thanks in advance for answering.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. [ODBC driver for Oracle]Driver not capable

Hi!
I am experiencing a problem using a mts component to
retrieve data from Oracle 8i using MS ODBC driver.

Specifications:
W2K-SP3,
MTS objects
Oracle 8i
Microsoft ODBC for Oracle version 2.573.9001.00
MDAC 2.7RTM

I get the following message from the ODBC driver when
running queries from my ASP application:

[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Driver not capable

Note: I only get this message when calling the mts
component from my ASP page. When calling it from a Win32
application or running the query in Oracles ODBC test
application I get no errors.

I am pretty lost and am in a shortage of time before
having to deliver this application. Anybody know the
answer to this problem?

Thx in advance
-Bent Arne-

2. Process balancing on smp db server/apache web server

3. JDBC Driver for MS Access (Not JDBC-ODBC Driver)

4. INGRES permits on SGI

5. ODBC driver for ACESS not capable...

6. xp_process mail

7. [ODBC]Driver not capable

8. Mouse Events (in 1.1 model)

9. ODBC Error Code = S1C00 (Driver not capable).

10. ODBC text driver not capable?!?!!

11. [ODBC]Driver not capable.

12. Driver not capable

13. Error says SQL Driver not capable-Help!!