Can not initialize OLE--Database Engine Error

Can not initialize OLE--Database Engine Error

Post by Jim Osdal » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I am having problems with some other end user computers. I am receiving the
error "Can not initialize OLE --Database error"

After doing some research, I have found that the file DAO30302.DLL is not
being registered. Is this the culprit, and if so, what other files are
needed with DOA3030.DLL to get it registered?

Thanks.

--
Regards...

Jim Osdale
A-2 Technologies

Can not initialize OLE--Database Engine Error

Post by Jim Osdal » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

This is the fix, straight from Crystal Reports.

Delete the 3 files from C:\WIndows\System called:

p2bdao.dll
p2dirdao.dll
p2ctdao.dll

And copy these exact 3 files from the VB5 CDROM back into the
C:\WIndows\System directory.

This fixed my problem.

> Hello,

> I am having problems with some other end user computers. I am receiving
the
> error "Can not initialize OLE --Database error"

> After doing some research, I have found that the file DAO30302.DLL is not
> being registered. Is this the culprit, and if so, what other files are
> needed with DOA3030.DLL to get it registered?

> Thanks.

> --
> Regards...

> Jim Osdale
> A-2 Technologies

1. An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2A04)

Hi,

I'm currently maintaining a website (www.atlasmutualheritage.nl) which makes
use of cgi, and the cgi apps in turn make use of the BDE and DBase tables.
Sometimes the error above occurs, presumably when 2 users are starting a cgi
app at the same time.
Does anyone know how this error can occur, and more importantly, how to
prevent it from occuring?

TIA,

Karel

2. Y2K Testing

3. Error: ActiveX Scripting was not able to initialize the script execution engine

4. Cold Fusion example scrolling thru Oracle data set

5. Looking for 7.10 Experience

6. ERROR: ActiveX Scripting was not able to initialize the script execution engine

7. List of tablenames

8. error initializing Borland Database Engine

9. EDatabase Error Initializing Borland Database Engine

10. Informix engine will not initialize

11. ActiveX scripting was not able to initialize the script execution engine

12. Not able to initialize the script execution engine.