LANGUAGE Tag in Resource Files

Post by Bob Clar » Tue, 31 Mar 1998 04:00:00

We are trying to design an Visual Basic 5.0 application to run in
multiple-locales.
The operating system we are running under is Windows NT 4.0.  We are
using the LANGUAGE tag
in the resource file to define the user interface.  We would like the
application to
look at the user's locale in order to determine what LANGUAGE to access
in the resource
file.  How do we do this? We are building the resource file using Visual
C++ and adding
LANGUAGE tags.  When we run this in Visual Basic, it always loads the
English Resources,
regardless of the user / thread locale.

        Thanks,

                    Bob Clary

LANGUAGE Tag in Resource Files

Post by Patron » Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

Recource files (my opinion) are a bad solution to the
problem.
Better write the app in english and use a tools to translate
the complete app. So you have less trouble while developing.

Those tools read your app comletely and try to sort out
SQL und other things like that, Outside the APP you
might translate (and correct) in several languages.

Also those tools warn you if the new string doesnt fit in
some controls.

One example of these tools is the vb language partner (about $250).
(There is a shareware available in 3 month.)

Michael Patron

1. language dependent resource file could not be loaded during setup

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this problem yet:

I tried to install SQL 7 on my NT 4 Server, SP5; but I got errors during setup. I
used the BackOffice 4.5 CD 2 of 8 from the Select subscription (Microsoft
Licensing, January 2001, English version). THIS VERSION OF SQL 7 DOES NOT SEEM TO
WORK. You get several errors like this at the end of setup:

Fatal error
Execution cannot continue as the language dependent resource file
D:\MSSQL\Binn\Resources\1033\SQLMMC.RLL could not be loaded.

I have installed these products:
NT 4 Server. I choosed 'Belgian (Dutch)' as keyboard layout during setup of NT4.
NT 4 SP5
IE 4.01 SP2 from NT 4 SP5 CD
MDAC 2.5

I finally used the BackOffice 4.5 CD 2 of 7 from my MSDN subscription (January
2000, English version) and this worked fine. No errors any more! Strange things
happen...

I anyone have had this problem too, please let me know.

Thanks!

2. D3 7.2 ODBC client

3. IDR1007.DLL - IDAPI German language resource file

4. ANNOUNCEMENT: dbf - dBASE Reader and Converter

5. NEED: Clipper 5 file chooser with file tag display

6. Localization Environment

7. Language dependent resource 2057\semwiz.rll could not be located

8. Is there anyway to identify a PrimaryKey from ResultSet or ResultSetMetaData method?

9. please help, constantly getting (unable to load language resources)(MMCPL) ERROR POPUP

10. Parent tag ID N is not among the open tags (occasional error)

11. CDML Problem: fmp-if tag within FMP-valuelist tags

12. pgsql/doc Tag: REL7_2_STABLE FAQ src/FAQ/Tag: ...

13. <tag>search_phrase</tag>