OLE Objects in FoxPro Db Using VB3.0

Post by James Sutto » Fri, 12 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I'm developing a correspondance database.  Due to the Database frame work
I'm required to use FoxPro.  I am successfully storing correspondance as
Wordperfect OLE objects in a memo field.  I don't want to save the OLE
objects to a normal file because I don't want the correspondance
modified except via my VB app.  To do this I have to Save the ole to a
binary file and then read from the file into the memo field.  Although
this works, it doesn't seem very elegant.  Is there a way to save an ole
object into a FoxPro database without intermediary step of creating a
file.  Or am I approaching this in the wrong way.  I would appreciate
any creative solutions.

1. Fail POST record using Provider OLE DB for Visual Foxpro

I used Delphi 6 and wanna try to develop the existing database (Visual
FP). I used provider OLE DB Provider for Visual FoxPRO. Connection is
no problem but when I try to update the record and posting the error
just coming
'Multiple-Step operation genrated errors'.

but if I using ACCESS database everything is ok.

thanks..

2. How to use pointers in vb6???

3. VB3/Access 2.0 OLE Objects

4. Versions supporting Log Shipping

5. pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml/ref clusterdb.sgml

6. Linking or Embedding an OLE Object in an Access OLE DataType Field using DAO

7. Unwanted 4 digit Year Display

8. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

9. Connecting to DB Outside of Firewall using OLE DB

10. Difference between OLE DB 8.0 and OLE DB

11. VB3 using Access 2.0 db thru ODBC

12. How to set DB using CRW with VB3