mm.mysql help required

Post by siv.. » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

I've been using the mm.mysql.jdbc-1.2b successfully,
until I tried to use the ResultSet.updateXXX functions that are
described in the java.sql.ResultSet.
I get the java.lang.AbstractMethodError.
I didn't find anything in the documentation.
Is it possible that there is no support for updates?
(both to the ResultSet itself and the underlying database).
What should i do?

Thanks,
Sivan.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. JDBCfor MySQL: org.gjt.mm VS com.mysql

I would like to know if there are any particular reason that will make
a devlopper selecting Mark Mathews JDBC driver or the one from
www.mysql.com ?
I was using the org.gjt.mm driver, until I needed to deal with BLOB
and binary raw data. Each time I had to save a binary data from a
different source ( we test tens of devices that are connected through
COM port, TCP/IP, USB ) and often I had to write a
conversion/un-conversion tool to save a data I could use back by
querying the MySQL DB. ast day I decided to look at the MySQL site and
their driver. that was the beginnng of a new life. I can easily save
BLOB without receiving the MethodNotImplementedException.
But I don't want to criticize what I kindly call 'old gjt driver' as I
surely don't know all about it.
So what is the power of each driver ?
Thanks.

  Ced

2. trigger - xp_sendmail only firing on last update.

3. getLastID with mySQL; MM.MySQL API

4. Accessing Environment Variables from an SP

5. Problem with passwords (MySQL, mm.mysql.jdbc driver)

6. SQL Server Service wont start

7. jdbc/mysql/mm.mysql

8. MySQL preparedStatement (org.gjt.mm.mysql) relocated braces

9. MySQL max query length via mm.mysql-2.0

10. Plz Help - Almost there RH6/Apache/JServ/mm.MySQL

11. mm.mysql driver help