DBCtrlGrid in Delphi Desktop 2.0

Post by David Maso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm using Delphi Desktop 2.0. The DBCtrlGrid component is covered in the
online help, but is not available for putting on forms or creating new
components.

Is it only included with Delphi Developer and/or Delphi Client/Server,
or is it included with the 2.01 update?

DBCtrlGrid in Delphi Desktop 2.0

Post by David Maso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I'm using Delphi Desktop 2.0. The DBCtrlGrid component is covered in the
> online help, but is not available for putting on forms or creating new
> components.

> Is it only included with Delphi Developer and/or Delphi Client/Server,
> or is it included with the 2.01 update?

If you look on one of the early pages in the Database Developer's Guide it
mentions that the DBCtrlGrid is only included with C/S and Developer.

1. Problems with DBCtrlGrid in Delphi 2.0

Is anyone out there aware of problems with the TDBCtrlGrid component
when used in a multi-user environment?

I've just completed an application for a client and delivered it
yesterday. When they were adding records to a table via a DBCtrlGrid
component, the application performs an "...illegal operation..." and
shuts down.

Is it a bad idea to use this component? Is it flakey? I can't find any
help or criticisms on this object.

-Elie

2. Connections

3. Delphi 2.0 DBCtrlGrid/tab from last field problem

4. Paradox & Statistical Process Control Packages

5. Delphi Desktop 2.0 and the Delphi Developer

6. Performing a MINUS(in Oracle Terms) using ANSI standards

7. Delphi Desktop 2.0

8. different Find requests via web???? urgent please

9. Help--Delphi 2.0 Developer or Desktop version?

10. Database Desktop (Open and Detach) option in Delphi 2.0 RunTime

11. ODE 2.0 - ODBC Components for Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3

12. Problems with compiling of DBBrowser demo (Delphi 1.0) in Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3

13. DBCtrlGrid for Delphi 1