ADO VB6 PROBLEM URGENT

Post by news.oninet.e » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:30:29

Hola, amigos

Tengo instalado en mi PC el Visual Studio 6.0  con el SP. 4 y el Access
2000.

En mi PC las aplicaciones que acceden a as tablas access 2000 a traves de
ADO funcionan perfectamente, sin embargo al empaquetar la aplicacion e
instalarla en otro equipo, da un error del ADO 430. si instalo alli el
office 2000 y el Visual Studio 6 y su SP4 no me da ese error, sin embargo el
programa arranca pero no accede a las Bases de Datos.

? COMO SE SOLUCIONA ESTO?
Como puedo hacer una plicaion en VB6 sobre Access2000 y poderla instalar en
cualquier eqiupo sin que me de problemas.

ES URGENTE, agradecer vuestras respuestas.

Miquel.

ADO VB6 PROBLEM URGENT

Post by Nikos Dimopoulo » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:56:24

Can you please resend the message in English since my Spanish is
terrible (none actually)

ADO VB6 PROBLEM URGENT

Post by Douglas Laudenschlage » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 02:57:37

1) Use the Package and Deployment Wizard (PDW) to create a complete setup
package.

2) Make sure that in Project References, you reference the version of ADO
actually installed on your machine.  (Since SP4, 2.5)

3) Make sure to distribute and run MDAC_TYP.EXE 2.5 on the client machine.

Best wishes.

1. URGENT! VB6, ADO deployment

Hi,

I'm getting fairly desperate with the following problem and wondered if
anyone had any suggestions :-

I have a VB6 app which is working on a test server which is running SQL6.5
(sp4) and NT4(sp4). The program uses ADO 2 and everything works fine.

I then moved my app to the live client machines and server but got error
about Object could not be found (tablename) when trying to retreive the
first result set from the server. I then re-pointed the live client machines
back to the test server and everything worked fine.

I've checked the the same software and Service Packs are loaded on the Live
server and someone suggested that I should load the ADO 2 software which I
did with no changes.

Other ODBC applications can run against the live server so its not the link
between client and server. As it works against the Test server I suspect
that something is either not running or missing from the Live Server.

All the documentation I read from Microsoft makes no mention of what exactly
needs to be running on the SQL Server box. Does any one have any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Ian.

2. Report generating - which software is strongest?

3. Urgent : VB6 ADO Connecting to SQL 6.5

4. Toolbar disable

5. Urgent: Update Oracle disconnected recordset using ADO 2.6 and VB6

6. How do you relate a xp_cmdshell to NT Task

7. Urgent !!!! Help with VB6/ADO

8. Problem with Mdb database corruption

9. URGENT: Instalation Problems with ADO 2.6 and ADO 2.6 sp1

10. VB6: Problem sharing ADO connection between COM Objects (complex problem)

11. Urgent: VB6 Data Report Problem

12. VB6 SP3 Install Problem DAO and MDAC 2.1 (URGENT)

13. URGENT! VB6 + Data Access v2.1 SP2 Problem