Creating a DLL in VB4 using MAPI and ODBC32.DLL

Creating a DLL in VB4 using MAPI and ODBC32.DLL

Post by Dean Vlasma » Sat, 15 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to create a DLL in VB4.0 . This DLL will be used to get data
out of my html form, and through it into the SQL database via the
ODBC32.DLL. Also, I want to email the person who filled out the form using
MAPI.DLL. If anyone has done any of these things I would appreciate any
help you can give, as I can't get the calls to the Dll's to work.

Post by Joe Foster of Bo » Tue, 18 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> I am trying to create a DLL in VB4.0 . This DLL will be used to get data
> out of my html form, and through it into the SQL database via the
> ODBC32.DLL. Also, I want to email the person who filled out the form using
> MAPI.DLL. If anyone has done any of these things I would appreciate any
> help you can give, as I can't get the calls to the Dll's to work.

VB 4.0 cannot create normal DLL's, only EXE's and OLE servers.
Power Basic makes a VB-like product which can compile 16 or 32-
bit DLL's. VB4 does include a MAPI control. It's probably best to
use that, since I understand the bare MAPI API's an absolute
nightmare.

1. ODBC32.dll & ODBCINT.dll ODBC ERRORs

Hello,

I recently set up NT 4.0 with Service Pack 5.  Initially I set up IIS 2.0,
Then Cold Fusion 4.0 and finally SQL Server 7.0 with Service Pack 1.  I then
installed IIS 4.0. I now can't use IIS or SQL Server because I get an ODBC
error as follows:

"The ODBC resource DLL (C:\Winnt\System32\odbcint.dll) is a different
version than ODBC driver manager (C:\Winnt\System32\ODBC32.dll).  You need
to reinstall the ODBC components to ensure proper operation."

Does anyone know specifically what I need to do here?  I'm relatively new at
NT and SQL Server and obviously did something wrong.  Any help is very much
appreciated.  Thank you.

Craig

--

Craig A. Zingerline
Cold Fusion Developer

2. Application userid security

3. using ODBC32.DLL in delphi.

4. SourceRecordset.Sort(....)

5. Q: mapi.dll instead of the mapi vbx's that are provided

6. Access 2000 ODBC SQL locking

7. creating normal DLL (no ActiveX dll)??

8. installation & dbassist

9. DB2 7.2 DLL Load / Unload of DB2SYSP.DLL AND DB2KBC.DLL

10. HELP: Using AVICAP.DLL and MSVIDEO.DLL for video capture

11. 3D controls using ctrl3d.dll / ctrl3dv2.dll

12. Using Crystal Reports DLL (CRPE.DLL)

13. ERROR MESSAGE :the dll odbcint.dll is a different version than the ODBC driver manager ODBC32.dll