VC++ 4.2 and DAO

Post by Rafat Hil » Wed, 02 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
  I am using VC++ and DAO to retrieve data from an Access database.
In the Access database I have created a module to do some processing before the
data is sent back to the application.
Now when ever I try to run the query in access I get an error message saying
"Undefined object".  The error goes away if I remove the Module.
Does anyone know of a way to execute access quries that use modules from VC++.

Thank you very much for your help.

VC++ 4.2 and DAO

Post by Darrell Canno » Thu, 03 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I have not been successful in attempting to run a Module from a DAO
program.  I was told it couldn't be done.
Darrell

> Hi,
>   I am using VC++ and DAO to retrieve data from an Access database.
> In the Access database I have created a module to do some processing before the
> data is sent back to the application.
> Now when ever I try to run the query in access I get an error message saying
> "Undefined object".  The error goes away if I remove the Module.
> Does anyone know of a way to execute access quries that use modules from VC++.

> Thank you very much for your help.

VC++ 4.2 and DAO

Post by Brian C. Blackma » Thu, 03 Apr 1997 04:00:00

You can. A module is specific to Access not Jet. Modules are just
user defined collections. You can however use any domain (VBA)
functions is your query, not user defined functions.

Quote:> Hi,
>   I am using VC++ and DAO to retrieve data from an Access database.
> In the Access database I have created a module to do some processing
before the
> data is sent back to the application.
> Now when ever I try to run the query in access I get an error message
saying
> "Undefined object".  The error goes away if I remove the Module.
> Does anyone know of a way to execute access quries that use modules from
VC++.

> Thank you very much for your help.

1. VC 4.2, DAO & Office 97 problem

I have a CDaoRecordset derived class created by the VC 4.2 Class Wizard.
The recordset contains 53 fields and the SQL statement generated by MFC
(along with a filter setting) ends up being over 1100 characters long.

This program works fine until Office 97 is installed.  Then I get the
message 'Too few parameters.  Expected 16.' when the program tries to open
the RecordSet.

I have other programs that are almost exactly the same, but with fewer
fields that work fine with Office 97 installed.  I suspect that DAO 3.5 has
some problem with the length of the SQL statement.

Now the curious thing is that if I use the debugger to put the MFC
generated SQL statement into the clipboard and paste that into Access 97,
the query works correctly.

Anyone have any ideas??

2. SQLHelp

3. VC 4.2, DAO and Data Control

4. Using ISNULL in Dynamic SQL

5. Access violations using DAO with VC 4.2

6. Thanx for the URL

7. tempdb Error 1101 - VC++ 4.2 w MFC

8. Systems Integrators *LONDON*

9. MS VC++ 4.2 and SQL stored procedure editing

10. SQL Debug Feature in VC++ 4.2

11. CRecordset from VC 4.2 and SQL 7 problems

12. SQL Debug in VC++ Ver. 4.2