I am having a problem using Crystal Reports to generate reports.
I have a 32 bit app (compiled with Delphi 2.0) which uses the UCRPE32
component to access CRPE32.DLL.
The specific report which I am trying to generate contains a couple of
The reports uses several Paradox databases
The problem which I am having is that when I set the directory for the
report (using the property 'DataFilesLocation') the crystal reports
engine does not recognize that the data file location has changed.
1) I create the report, with data location = d:\projects\COMP\APP\Data
2) Run the reports inside of 'Crystal Reports 5.0'. Works fine
3) Run the report from Delphi app (using ucpe32). In that app, I set
the data directory to 'd:\projects\COMP\APP\Data'. It works
4) Package and deliver to customer
5) In installation process, customer specifies data directory
to be 'c:\APP\Data'.
6) When the Delphi App is run on customers machine the
report engine is told that the new data directory is
'c:\APP\Data'. A blank window comes up when I
execute the report, which usually contains '-1' pages
7) If I install Crystal Reports on the customer's system and
try to bring up the report I see that the database directory is
'd:\projects\COMP\APP\Data'. If I try to set the data directory
to 'c:\APP\Data', it appears to work,but when I run the report
I get an 'Unable to find d:\projects\COMP\APP\Data\dbname'.
This is all very confusing to me, and I really don't know where else
Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you respond please cc my