Writting to BLOBs using OO4O and VB60

Post by Samee » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 00:20:18

Hi Falks,
I am trying to write back to an Oracle database and using OO4O using the
following code, I get an error 440 saying I need to lock my raw when ever I
rech the Blob field. I need help!!!
I am using this code from Oracle documents, I might be missing somthing
major.
//**********************************
Set MySes = CreateObject("oracleinprocserver.xorasession")
    Set OraDb = MySes.OpenDatabase("prddev", "fiber_dba/development", 0&)
    Dim oradyn As OraDynaset, OraRaw As OraBlob, amount_read%, chunksize%,
Chunk
    Set oradyn = OraDb.CreateDynaset("select * from test3", ORADYN_DEFAULT)

    Set OraRaw = oradyn.Fields("recipe_File").Value
    oradyn.AddNew
    oradyn.Fields("name").Value = Name
    oradyn.Fields("Revision").Value = revision
    oradyn.Fields("Process").Value = process
    oradyn.Fields("File_Type").Value = "zip"
    If Change_note <> "" Then
    oradyn.Fields("change_note").Value = Change_note
    End If
    OraRaw.CopyFromFile "c:\filename.zip"
//***************************************

Thanks,

Sameer Alzouby

1. Getting a blob into oracle from VB6 using OO4O

Can anyone give some tips or sample code on getting either
a file with an image or else a picture box's image into an Oracle
blob, using Oracle Objects for OLE?  Also for retrieving a blob into
a picture box.

The best thing that I can see would be to use a bunch of AppendChunk
calls, but that looks really ugly to me.  There's got to be an easier
way, isn't there???

2. Index management on big tables

3. Write BLOBs to ORACLE using OO4O

4. 7.1.2 ERROR: UNIQUE constraint matching given keys

5. Newbie needs help (Blobs/ADO or OO4O/ASP)

6. NTmssql to fat32...

7. oo4o lob example (BLOBs)

8. os requirements for sql server

9. DataReport using an active connection in VB60

10. Writting a C program using ecpg for Postgres

11. Writting long data to an Oracle database using odbc

12. Error in using DTS object in VB60 !!