How to convert a Access 95 program to Access 2000 program

How to convert a Access 95 program to Access 2000 program

Post by xiaohang z » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 00:37:36

Hi, everybody
   I have a Access 95 program written in VBA. I can't run it any more
since my computer has only Access 2000. How to make it run in Access
2000. This old program has some code like "Dynaset" and
"Forms!Users!Access". Should I rewrite the whole program in order to
run it in Access 2000? It looks to me that Access 2000 is using not
only different library, but also the language is a little bit
different. What's the best solution with this situation.

Thanks!

Xiaohang Zhu

1. An access 95 program doesn't work on access 2000

Hi, guys
   Need your expert idea. I have a access 95 program. I try to run it
in access 2000. It failed. I try to convert it from ->Tools->Database
Utilites->Convert...
It also failed. I know some VBA programming, so I look into the code.
And find "Dynaset" and something like "Forms!Access!". I have no idea
what's these kind of things. I think "Dynaset" maybe some old style of
"Recodeset". The problem is how to make it run in access 2000. Do I
need to go to the code to understand the whole thing(not a very small
program) and then change all the "Dynaset" things to "Recodeset"
things. Or there is a shortcut to do that. Or just forget the whole
thing to write a totally new one.
   I need your idea.

Thanks!

Jerry Zhu

2. MultiValue logo on Oracle letterhead?

3. Converting program from SQL 2000 to Access 2000

4. Add normal working days/hours to a date

5. Access to access 2000 mdb by access 97 program via VB6 and ADO

6. SQL 7.0 and full text searching

7. Multiple programs accessing Access 2000 locking up

8. Database-oriented component service container

9. Access 95 to Access 2000

10. Conversion Access 95 to Access 2000

11. Access 95 - Access 2000

12. Program to convert from PostgreSQL to Access or view table

13. I need, must have program for converting Access DB to SQL server 6.5 Script