datagrid with unbound columns ?

Post by ache » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 07:07:29

Hi,

I have to retrieve a recordset and manage it into a DataGrid.
One field form my recordset is a key fied of another table.

I wish add a new column to my datagrid (unbounded). It will
contain a field from another recordset.I would  manually fill it
with values from the other recordset.

I tried to join those 2 tables, but I got some errors when I try to
add/delete records...  :-(

I'm thinking to solve it using the MSFlexGrid or MSHFlexGrid but
it seems so hard (I need edit the recordset).... :-(

There are some free OCX who can solve my problem ?

This is my schema:

my recordset A
--------------
field0
field1
field2

my recordset B
----------------
field0
field3
field4

my wished datagrid bounded to the A recordset
.column(0).datafield = field0
.column(1).datafield = field3 (unbounded)
.column(2).datafield = field2

please help me...
Bye
Franco

datagrid with unbound columns ?

Post by jason hawrylu » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 18:08:15

Quote:> I tried to join those 2 tables, but I got some errors when I try to
> add/delete records...  :-(

RS.Open "your sql statement with the join", , adOpenDynamic,
adLockOptimistic
RS.Properties("Unique Table") = "Your principle table"

Setting the <Properties("Unique Table")> should eliminate your add/delete
problem.

Hope this helps

jason

Quote:> Hi,

> I have to retrieve a recordset and manage it into a DataGrid.
> One field form my recordset is a key fied of another table.

> I wish add a new column to my datagrid (unbounded). It will
> contain a field from another recordset.I would  manually fill it
> with values from the other recordset.

> I tried to join those 2 tables, but I got some errors when I try to
> add/delete records...  :-(

> I'm thinking to solve it using the MSFlexGrid or MSHFlexGrid but
> it seems so hard (I need edit the recordset).... :-(

> There are some free OCX who can solve my problem ?

> This is my schema:

> my recordset A
> --------------
> field0
> field1
> field2

> my recordset B
> ----------------
> field0
> field3
> field4

> my wished datagrid bounded to the A recordset
> .column(0).datafield = field0
> .column(1).datafield = field3 (unbounded)
> .column(2).datafield = field2

> please help me...
> Bye
> Franco

1. datagrid unbound columns ?

[...]

2. SQLDriverConnect and "locales.dat" problem

3. Datagrids, Unbound Forms & ADO

4. SQL Server 6.0

5. Unbound Datagrid Confusion!

6. How to populate an unbound DataGrid?

7. DATAWIDGET: Unbound DataGrid-Problem

8. could not edit the column of datagrid where this column is being binded to an alias

9. True DBGrid - Unbound columns - Filter

10. DBGrid unbound columns

11. After addnew TDBgrid unbound column display blank for all rows