Is this possible, or am I pushing it?

Post by Some Du » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I am using VB5 Enterprise to construct an FTP client. I want to be
able to save session profiles to the registry, which is no problem. I
have it saving the profiles to the registry in the following manner:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MyPrograms\MyFTP\Profiles

and in there, each individual profile has it's own subkey, for
instance:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MyPrograms\MyFTP\Profiles
                                                MyProfile1
                                                MyProfile2
                                                MyProfile3

Now, the thing that I want to do with this is have EACH individual
profile subkey load into a combo box, and when I select the subkey
name from the combo box, have all of the settings load into various
text boxes on my form.

As I said, SAVING the profiles to the registry is not a problem. But
spending MANY speepless nights trying to figure it out. If anyone can
help me on this, THANKS A MILLION!!       =)

Some Dude

All good comments and others to: sin 666 at iname dot com

"Beer: Nectar of the Gods."
        - Unknown

Post by Andre' Somer » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Is this possible, or am I pushing it?

Post by Dave Navar » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> As I said, SAVING the profiles to the registry is not a problem. But
> spending MANY speepless nights trying to figure it out. If anyone can
> help me on this, THANKS A MILLION!!       =)

What you need to do is use the Win32 API to recurse through all of the profies
in the registry and load them into either an array or directly into the combo
box.

Daniel Appleman's book "Visual Basic Programmers Guide to the Win32 API"
should give you the API information you need to do this.

--Dave

Is this possible, or am I pushing it?

Post by Jeff La » Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Try my DMReg Registry Tool on
http://www.wave.co.nz/pages/datamasta/download.htm. It supports Key
Enumeration which is what you need.

--
Jeff Law
DataMasta Limited

begin 666 Jeff Law.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..DQA=SM*969F#0I&3CI*969F
M($QA=PT*3U)'.D1A=&%-87-T82!,:6UI=&5D#0I.3U1%.B -"E1%3#M73U)+

`
end