Bad file number errors using Paradox files on NT

Bad file number errors using Paradox files on NT

Post by Craig Persi » Sat, 28 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Can anyone give any suggestions as to what may be causing the
"Bad File Number" errors that we continually get when running
a Delphi application that uses Paradox tables which are located
on a Windows NT server?  The application itself is on Windows
for Workgroups 3.11, and it's accessing tables on a remote
Windows NT server.  The errors occur most often when multiple
users are using the data, but even a single user will cause
an error within 5 minutes or so.  Running the same application
on the same data when the data is on another Windows for
Workgroups machine, everything works fine.  Any clues?

------------------------

Programmer Analyst
Institute for the Learning Sciences        (708) 491-9768 (h)
Northwestern University                    (708) 467-1334 (w)
    Web Page:  http://www.ils.nwu.edu/~persiko

1. URGENT - Lock file grown too large - error using Paradox files

Does anyone know why I should suddenly start getting the error
message:
Lock File has Grown too large. Table: __QB0000. File:
c:\data\__QB1534.VAL File: more names of temp query results.

the paradox tables and the queries that reference them are all local
on my machine and the lock file, thought large (25,752kb) is no larger
than for other queries I run.

Of course, I need to run this process, which I have run successfully
many times before, before the end of the week.  The application hasn't
changed, the data doesn't seem out of the ordinary, does anyone have
any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks, Rob

--------------------------------

Web:   http://www.unn.ac.uk/~isu8

2. How can I include my database information into my executeable file for distribution

3. trying to close table iirel_idx:bad file number (unix error 9 )

4. SQL + VB Beginer need help

5. Run-time error '52': Bad file name or number

6. Odd Progress Behavior (please read this one)

7. osf1 syb 10.02 (o/s error - bad file number)

8. I need your help!!

9. BDE Error "Bad file number"?????

10. trying to close table iirel_idx:bad file number (unix error 9 )

11. DBlib connection error: bad file number

12. "Bad file number" error

13. BDE ERROR "Bad File number"