Getting back to Access 95 after app install

Getting back to Access 95 after app install

Post by Alex Kudrase » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:22:12

If a program installed automatically upgrades my PC to latest version of
DAO - and I do not want to convert files, I want to restore my Access to
be the way it was originally. (I need this since some projects of mine use
DAO that came with Access95).

Is there a way?

Will deinstalling then reinstalling Access do the trick? And is there any
other way?

Thanks,

Alex Kudrasev

1. Getting BDE to work after using Install Shield to Install My App

G'Day All,

I have used Delphi 3 C/S to write an app to access a MS Access 95
database using the NATIVE MSACCESS driver. I then used Install Shield
Express to create an install. So far so good. However when I install
the application on another machine that does not have Delphi or Access
95 on it then I can't get it to work.

Here is what I have done:

- Installed Ap
- Copied MSJT3032.DLL onto machine (into folder where application is
installed) as it was looked for by BDE
- Copied DAO3032.DLL into C:\ and changed the Registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\DAO to have the
Field: "Path" and the VALUE "C:\DAO3032.DLL"   (As per Borland). I
have modified no other registry keys.

However I still get the error IDAPI Service library could not be
loaded C:\DAO3032.DLL with the DataBase name that I assigned in my
application (I am using an alias to a BDE alias and then my own
internal alias in my application ie value of DatabaseName) when my
application runs or when I double click on the alias in the BDE. The
BDE error returned is 8458. Can anyone please help me??? I am
desperate here.

TIA. Appreciate the help. Please CC the e-mail address below.

--Donovan

2. Randomly Extracting One Unit From Text

3. Access 95 app+SQL7+select+update HANGS ???

4. My database tables are not visible in MsQuery table list?

5. Visual Basic 4.0 App Access 95 to 97

6. SQL Server INTERNALS: IF clause

7. Creating Win 3.1 apps/network apps in win 95

8. Problem with Selct

9. Error 3197 -- Access 95/VB 6.0 App

10. Jet Error 3170 with DAO 3.5 and Access 95 in a VB app

11. Can't run Access 95 after installing VB5

12. Getting image into field (SQL 7) and getting it back out

13. Getting the ID back In MS Access