Multi rows selection in MSFLEXGRID

Post by - Alex » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

How to trap the 1st row and the last row of user selection in the MSFLEXGRID
?
In the MSFLEXGRID property I had already set rowselection and my objective
is when user drag
for example row 5 - row 8 means user want to update row 5 to 8.
How do I know the start row is 5 and end row is 8 ?

Thanks

--
 - Alex  -

Multi rows selection in MSFLEXGRID

Post by Rafael Dia » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

You must to use the row and rowsel properties por know which are the start
and finish row on a flexgrid control. Check VB Help.

--
Thanks

Ing. Rafael Diaz Martinez

>How to trap the 1st row and the last row of user selection in the
MSFLEXGRID
>?.
>In the MSFLEXGRID property I had already set rowselection and my objective
>is when user drag
>for example row 5 - row 8 means user want to update row 5 to 8.
>How do I know the start row is 5 and end row is 8 ?

>Thanks

>--
> - Alex  -

Multi rows selection in MSFLEXGRID

Post by Arthur Mark » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I'm pretty new at this but my guess is to use the ColSel, RowSel Properties.
Look in Help for explanation.

> How to trap the 1st row and the last row of user selection in the MSFLEXGRID
> ?
> In the MSFLEXGRID property I had already set rowselection and my objective
> is when user drag
> for example row 5 - row 8 means user want to update row 5 to 8.
> How do I know the start row is 5 and end row is 8 ?

> Thanks

> --
>  - Alex  -

Multi rows selection in MSFLEXGRID

Post by Mike Davie » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

In a multiselection the first row is the .row property of the grid and the
last row is the .rowsel property.
x= flexgrid.row
y=flexgrid.rowsel
for a = x  to  y
    Loop through each row and take action
next x
Because the user can select in either direction it is necessary to check
whether x > y in which case use the 'Step -1" command in the "FOR" line.

Kind Regards Mike Davies

>How to trap the 1st row and the last row of user selection in the
MSFLEXGRID
>?
>In the MSFLEXGRID property I had already set rowselection and my objective
>is when user drag
>for example row 5 - row 8 means user want to update row 5 to 8.
>How do I know the start row is 5 and end row is 8 ?

>Thanks

>--
> - Alex  -

1. How to allow/verify multi-row selections with MSFlexGrid ?

I've got a recordset that I have pumped into a MSFlexGrid.  This
recordset represents a LOT (>500) of records that will be processed
later in the application.  I would like to present this list to the
user, and have them de-select any items on this list that they don't
want processed.  Ideally, I'd put a check-box at the beginning of each
record, and default all the check-boxes to being checked.  The user
could un-check any specific check-boxes they wanted to.

I don't think this is possible.  If it's not, how can I automatically
select ALL rows in a FlexGrid, allowing the user to de-select specific
rows within that recordset ?

Thanks for your help.  For what it's worth, my goal is to provide
something along the following functionality:

User says - "I want to destroy all widgets between numbers 1 and 750."

Application provides a list of all widgets between 1 and 750, along
with some other vital information (widget color, etc).  All info is
displayed in a FlexGrid.

Based on the additional information, user says - "Give the recordset
displayed, I want to delete all of the locations EXCEPT numbers 498
and 712."

How can I easily allow them to de-select these two items from the
FlexGrid.  I do NOT want to remove the record from the recordset
completely - I'd like them to be able to re-select the item later if
they change their minds.

Thanks again !  Please let me know if you need any additional
information to solve my problem :)

Jon Tallon
Senior Software Engineer

2. mutilple sorting criteria

3. Q: Does a TDBGrid support multi-row selection?

4. 4th Dimension Installation

5. Disable Multiple Selections in MSFlexGrid

6. Jet password

7. Enterprise Java Bean and SQL : SQLException

8. Multi-row query return into Forms 5.0 multi-record block

9. Going from multi-rows to multi-cols

10. Multi Selction in MsFlexgrid ?

11. How Can i make single row from multi-row by Sql Statement