Error in transaction with ADO and VC++

Post by Lai » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 17:54:49

Hi ,
In my program written in VC++ 6.0, I connect to SQL server via DSN. The
connection is successfull. I can retrieve all my data. But when I start
a transaction for updating, I catch an com_error as:
Transaction can not start  because more than one ODBC connection is in
use.
Is anypone can help me?

Error in transaction with ADO and VC++

Post by mcb » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 23:16:05

try ado section of
www.mindcracker.com

hope it helps.

Quote:> Hi ,
> In my program written in VC++ 6.0, I connect to SQL server via DSN. The
> connection is successfull. I can retrieve all my data. But when I start
> a transaction for updating, I catch an com_error as:
> Transaction can not start  because more than one ODBC connection is in
> use.
> Is anypone can help me?

1. VC++ ADO Extensions - AddNew locks the table when in transaction

Hi,

Hi, I'm using the ADO Extensions for VC++. When in a transaction, I "AddNew"
(using the IADORecordBindingPtr object, not the recordset object), for the
duration of the transaction all the tables that have data added to them are
locked for the whole time. Is this to be expected?.. I would have thought
some caching would be involved so that at least other queries could read
data in the table?

Many thanks for any help
 -=- Brett

2. SQL and Table names with dots

3. ADO and Transactions in VC++ 6.0 w/Access 97

4. Oracle Projects

5. vc++, access, odbc and transactions

6. MAC Fox Pro query

7. ADODB TRANSACTION ADO ERROR No Transaction is Active

8. Urgent HELP!!!

9. Need example of using SHAPED query with ADO and vc++

10. call stored procedure using ADO in vc++?

11. Help me about update null value to non_value in ado vc++

12. question about connect by ADO under vc++

13. Help: Vc++ ADO CADORecordBinding