Directory behind alias

Post by Peter H. Peeter » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello,

I want to find out the path behind an alias.  I want to use also non
databasefiles, stored on one machine, but accessed from several
machines.  I would then use this information in the InitialDir property
of an OpenDialog component.  Therefore I would need the real path as a
string.

Many thanks in advance,

Peter H. Peeters

Directory behind alias

Post by Glatzfam » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi Peter,

This should get you the directory path for an alias:

Session.Databases[0].Directory

********************************
Michael Glatz

1. Additional spaces behind database alias

When I try to bind, the program is going to search a database with the name
of the database
alias but he placed additional spaces behind the database alias name. What
can I do
against this problem?

I get the folowing error:
--------------
The bind program failed to connect to the database.

[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30061N  The database alias or database name "SMSNA00P
"
was not found at the remote node.  SQLSTATE=08004

For additional information, press the help button. Correct the problem
described in the
help message and retry.
---------------

And the additional help says:
------------------
 SQL30061N The database alias or database name "<name>" was not
          found at the remote node.

Explanation:  The database name is not an existing database at
the remote database node.

The statement cannot be processed.

User Response:  Resubmit the command with the correct database
name or alias.

Federated system users: check to ensure that the entry in
SYSCAT.SERVERS correctly specifies the database name of the data
source.

sqlcode:  -30061

sqlstate:  08004
------------------------

2. Read EXCEL files?

3. Problem connecting an oracle client behind Wingate proxy server to an oracle server not behind proxy

4. Software Design Tools Web Site

5. Getting the directory for an alias

6. Paging.. part 2.

7. Can't use Prjct Vwr Alias dropdown to change directory in v 9.0

8. Announcing ObjectDRIVER 1.1 new release

9. Setting Startup directory (alias) in Runtime 4.5

10. Getting an Aliases Directory

11. - Support Aliases or Tables in Multiple directories

12. Q: How to make an alias point to a different directory

13. Two directories one alias - advice needed