How to build an app (with bde) that runs with other bde-apps

How to build an app (with bde) that runs with other bde-apps

Post by Miche » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00



Hi,

I have build an application in D4 and BDE 5.0. I use a partial BDE
installation on my clients. To avoid problems with other applications that
use the BDE I fill my own DBIEnv structre and use the functions dbiInit /
dbiExit. This seems to work fine. After the installation of another
application that uses the BDE my app will still run. The only problem is that
I can't run both apps at the same time. I recieve an error when I start the
second application.

How can I solve this problem????

T.I.A.
Michel

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

 
 
 

How to build an app (with bde) that runs with other bde-apps

Post by Damio » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


Michel,

have you tried switching to a full BDE install?  It's my understanding that
one of the costs of using a partial install is that it will only support one
app at a time, while only a full install will support simultaneous access.

Damion


Quote:> I have build an application in D4 and BDE 5.0. I use a partial BDE
> installation on my clients.
<snip>
> The only problem is that
> I can't run both apps at the same time. I recieve an error when I start
the
> second application.


 
 
 

How to build an app (with bde) that runs with other bde-apps

Post by Aage Johanse » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


Does it help if you specify separate 'private' directories for the applications ?

Aage J.


> Hi,

> I have build an application in D4 and BDE 5.0. I use a partial BDE
> installation on my clients. To avoid problems with other applications that
> use the BDE I fill my own DBIEnv structre and use the functions dbiInit /
> dbiExit. This seems to work fine. After the installation of another
> application that uses the BDE my app will still run. The only problem is that
> I can't run both apps at the same time. I recieve an error when I start the
> second application.

> How can I solve this problem????

> T.I.A.
> Michel

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

 
 
 

How to build an app (with bde) that runs with other bde-apps

Post by Miche » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


Damion,

Thanks for your reply. I will try a full installation. I really wonder what
kind of difference this will make because a full installation seems to me
nothing more then the installation of all available bde-database-dll's.

Is there someone who knows the exact difference between a partial and a full
installation??

T.I.A.
Michel



> Michel,

> have you tried switching to a full BDE install?  It's my understanding that
> one of the costs of using a partial install is that it will only support one
> app at a time, while only a full install will support simultaneous access.

> Damion



> > I have build an application in D4 and BDE 5.0. I use a partial BDE
> > installation on my clients.
> <snip>
> > The only problem is that
> > I can't run both apps at the same time. I recieve an error when I start
> the
> > second application.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.
 
 
 

1. BDE App Hangs when run -- BDE Admin hangs.

I have an app that runs fine in the IDE, but, after installing it and trying
to run it, it hangs.

I install it :  This goes fine.
I run it :  It just 'sits there', presumably 'spinning it's wheels'

Also:  The BDE Administrator in the control panel hangs when run.

What in the world have I done to my app?

TIA,

Eddie

2. Connection to remote database on intranet

3. BDE Apps without BDE Inst

4. printer support

5. BDE: Possible to build mulit-user DB apps?

6. SQLServerAgent is failing to start jobs in SQL Server 7

7. No run 2 apps using BDE

8. Errors returned when using SQL URL access

9. Delphi 1.x apps with BDE 5.x

10. Database app hangs, BDE Admin hangs...

11. Deploying BDE App on Network

12. HELP: Setup disks - Distributing app with BDE

13. ERROR 500 when trying to access the BDE in a CGI App